The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's (General Assistant Xmas Temp)

Hello! :h:

I just got offered a job at Sainsbury's as a General Assistant Xmas Temp.
I will be working part-time alongside my studies. I have an induction tomorrow from 9am till 6pm.

I was wondering, has anyone had experience of working at Sainsbury's as a Xmas Temp? What does the induction involve?

Thanks for your help.
Original post by Cally98

I will be working part-time alongside my studies. I have an induction tomorrow from 9am till 6pm.

I was wondering, has anyone had experience of working at Sainsbury's as a Xmas Temp? What does the induction involve?

Thanks for your help.

Congrats! You'll spend a lot of time watching videos, going over health and safety stuff, and signing contracts if you haven't already. You'll also likely do a tour of the store, including where everything like the break room is, and all the fire exits. They'll discuss things like the Think 25 policies and everything with you as well. They'll tell you bits about the company, and you'll probably do exercises out on the shop floor as well before you start work properly :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Congrats! You'll spend a lot of time watching videos, going over health and safety stuff, and signing contracts if you haven't already. You'll also likely do a tour of the store, including where everything like the break room is, and all the fire exits. They'll discuss things like the Think 25 policies and everything with you as well. They'll tell you bits about the company, and you'll probably do exercises out on the shop floor as well before you start work properly :smile:

Thank you! Ah, okay. It's going to be a long day then, haha. :smile:
Original post by Cally98
Thank you! Ah, okay. It's going to be a long day then, haha. :smile:

Haha it's not too bad :tongue: It'll differ between stores as well. I find the Christmas temp inductions are better than the ones for permanent staff :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Cally98

Thanks for your help.

Hi do u knw if ur gonna be getting a call back to come and work again??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending