Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Completely in love with a close friend

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I have always liked him, but I've kind of realised this week that I am in love with him.
    I know his flaws, but I love him all the same. He lives halfway across the world now, but we speak pretty much daily, and we can talk about anything.

I had some problems recently in my work and he was so supportive and caring, giving me great advice. Things happened between us a couple of times whilst he was in England, and he said he was very attracted to me, but he didn't want a relationship due to moving, and I was more into him than him to me.

I thought I'd gotten over him, but recently, we've been there so much for each other, and it's made the feelings come back. I know people will tell me to move on, find somebody else, I will meet someone soon etc.

I'm sure I will meet someone else eventually, but he's one of my best friends. He's single and he was always saying he didn't want a relationship before, but I guess he'll maybe meet a girl out there.

I dated someone for a short time recently and he was a little jealous about it, which was odd. I already tried everything I could to get over him; I deleted him, I stopped talking to him, stopped seeing him, everything, but nothing worked.

We get on well and we flirt sometimes too. I'm going to visit him out there after Christmas, and he's coming back in June. Is there anything I can do? I'm just crazy about him, and can't go on like this every day.

Sometimes I think he likes me too (when we see each other in person, he always goes red, he was jealous about the other guy etc..) but maybe it's nothing. We talk all the time, and he says I've got everything going for me and that I'm gorgeous. I would just love nothing more than to be with him, but I know I can't force him. I am getting depressed every day as a result.. I don't really feel like dating anyone else because I don't think it'd be fair on the other person if I still have feelings for him. But I can't go on like this. I'm always so happy when we talk and I miss him when we aren't talking.

He's been single for a couple of years now, and he told me that he couldn't get over his ex and that it was making him struggle to move on (so I guess he was kind of in the same boat)

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.