The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Politics and International Relations at Nottingham

Hi. I am putting Politics and International Relations at Nottingham Uni down as one of my UCAS choices, as I was very impressed with the uni. However I've only put down four options for universities. I really liked the look of the International Relations and Global Issues MSci at Nottingham and am considering putting that as my fifth but my predicted grades are AAB with the course asking for AAA. Is it worth putting an application in as I have no other universities I want to put down as a fifth choice. Also are there any other Nottingham Politics students or applicants on here?
Original post by Alphaxavier
Hi. I am putting Politics and International Relations at Nottingham Uni down as one of my UCAS choices, as I was very impressed with the uni. However I've only put down four options for universities. I really liked the look of the International Relations and Global Issues MSci at Nottingham and am considering putting that as my fifth but my predicted grades are AAB with the course asking for AAA. Is it worth putting an application in as I have no other universities I want to put down as a fifth choice. Also are there any other Nottingham Politics students or applicants on here?

Hi!

I think you should put it down, especially because it's your fifth- just give it a go- i'm applying to Warwick with predicted A*AB, whereas their requirement is AAA.

I'm also applying for Politics and International Relations at University of Nottingham.

What are your other university choices?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by IRoranth
Hi!

I think you should put it down, especially because it's your fifth- just give it a go- i'm applying to Warwick with predicted A*AB, whereas their requirement is AAA.

I'm also applying for Politics and International Relations at University of Nottingham.

What are your other university choices?

Hi Thanks for that. I did end up putting it down in the end. It certainly won't hurt.
My other Uni choices are Birmingham, Sussex and Kent, with Nottingham down also for the Politics and International Relations BA.
What were your other choices?
Hi Thanks for that. I did end up putting it down in the end. It certainly won't hurt.
My other Uni choices are Birmingham, Sussex and Kent, with Nottingham down also for the Politics and International Relations BA.
What were your other choices?

My university choices are: Warwick, Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham and Leeds.

Hope you get your offers, and if we both end up going to Brummie/Notts that'll be jokes!

Good luck =D
Reply 4
Original post by IRoranth
My university choices are: Warwick, Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham and Leeds.

Hope you get your offers, and if we both end up going to Brummie/Notts that'll be jokes!

Good luck =D

I know it sure would be! Thanks good luck to you to. Let me know how you get on with your offers. :smile:
I've actually been thinking about putting both down as well. I'm an international student from the US. I plan on also applying to Sussex, Brighton, and either Manchester or Edinburgh. I'm 75℅ sure I'll put down both. However, I just received the prospectus and it says there are only 25 places for MSci. So I'm still trying to decide.
Reply 6
Original post by Day_dreamer4life
I've actually been thinking about putting both down as well. I'm an international student from the US. I plan on also applying to Sussex, Brighton, and either Manchester or Edinburgh. I'm 75℅ sure I'll put down both. However, I just received the prospectus and it says there are only 25 places for MSci. So I'm still trying to decide.

Sussex was really good for Politics. Have you had the chance to attend any open days for them, being in the US? I have found there have been quite a few people putting Nottingham, Sussex and Birmingham down for Politics and IR. Good luck with whatever you decided to apply for in the end. :smile:
Sussex was really good for Politics. Have you had the chance to attend any open days for them, being in the US? I have found there have been quite a few people putting Nottingham, Sussex and Birmingham down for Politics and IR. Good luck with whatever you decided to apply for in the end. :smile:

I haven't attended any open days unfortunately. I had already guessed that there'd be allot of applicants for those programs. Hopefully I get an acceptance.
I got my ACT scores back but I'm planning on retaking them
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Day_dreamer4life
I haven't attended any open days unfortunately. I had already guessed that there'd be allot of applicants for those programs. Hopefully I get an acceptance.
I got my ACT scores back but I'm planning on retaking them

They certainly appear to be very popular. We've all tried our best. Hopefully you will. Best of luck anyway with retaking your ACT score. :smile:
Just got unconditional!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending