Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Contract Case Review (defective loans)

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hi everyone,

I'm a Spanish lawyer applying for a job with British law firm here in Spain and as such need to study some basics of British law.

I have attached links to some text I have been studying and have struggled slightly with. If anyone could give some advice on some of the questions being asked it would be much appreciated.

The questions:

1. Is the Seller entitled to repurchase the loan? Please justify your response.

2. Assuing the Seller was entitled to repurchase the loan, would the buyer be entitled to recieve the repurchase price of the loan?

3. What general course of action would you recomment to your Operations Directior if the Seller refuses to pay the repurchase price of the loan?

The links:

Thanks in advance for any help,

(Original post by AlexDan)
    I'm a Spanish lawyer applying for a job with British law firm here in Spain and as such need to study some basics of British law.
    EDIT: Having looked at the images you linked to, the answers to your questions are almost all in the legal note you have been given. It is simple comprehension. A quick search on Practical Law and/or WestLaw, or the usual site you used for your degree will help.

If you were indeed applying for a 'job with a British law firm' in Spain, you would be aware there is no such thing as British law. Such firms are not and do not refer to themselves that way.

Of course, you would have referred to this 'job' as more specific, such as "Advocate" as is the Spanish custom.

You would also be aware of the requirements of international law - the validity of your qualification as viewed by such firms.

You will also be minded to the extent of EU law, and the differences with our legal systems (Roman etc).

Consequently, you are of course reassured that The Student Room is not the place to 'brush up' on your law.

Indeed, you will, no doubt, have some practitioner texts handy and use them.

You have also attached links to three files to view, which I shall not open as I do not trust the content.

As such, your post is suspect and I have reported it.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.