The Student Room Group

How can I get to know this guy?

I live in an apartment complex and saw a guy in the concierge earlier - he checked me out and I found him cute but didn't think much more of it. He went out of the building and then came back and I overheard him telling the receptionist his flat number which happens to be in the same building as me. I left the concierge, went back to my flat, and then he was walking in to my apartment building as I was leaving it a few minutes later. I held the door out for him as he had lots of stuff, he thanked me and I said it was OK. I think he is so cute and I want to know him but I don't want to come off as desperate.

Right now I know nothing about him, just his flat number. I don't know if he is single but I kinda got the feeling he found me attractive. I was in my gym gear which I guess helps, and I was standing next to him at one point and it was a little awkward for both of us which I don't think it would have been if he found me ugly. I'm usually quite good at judging whether someone is in to me but for all I know he could be living with a girlfriend.

I know there's a chance I may bump in to him again, but there are usually so many people around the complex that I may even struggle to pick him out/ have forgotten what he looks like.

What would be the safest course of action for me to take? I would like to get my message across effectively but I don't want to have my pride hurt, say if he is taken or is not interested. I also don't want to come off as easy.

Please help me :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I live in an apartment complex and saw a guy in the concierge earlier - he checked me out and I found him cute but didn't think much more of it. He went out of the building and then came back and I overheard him telling the receptionist his flat number which happens to be in the same building as me. I left the concierge, went back to my flat, and then he was walking in to my apartment building as I was leaving it a few minutes later. I held the door out for him as he had lots of stuff, he thanked me and I said it was OK. I think he is so cute and I want to know him but I don't want to come off as desperate.

Right now I know nothing about him, just his flat number. I don't know if he is single but I kinda got the feeling he found me attractive. I was in my gym gear which I guess helps, and I was standing next to him at one point and it was a little awkward for both of us which I don't think it would have been if he found me ugly. I'm usually quite good at judging whether someone is in to me but for all I know he could be living with a girlfriend.

I know there's a chance I may bump in to him again, but there are usually so many people around the complex that I may even struggle to pick him out/ have forgotten what he looks like.

What would be the safest course of action for me to take? I would like to get my message across effectively but I don't want to have my pride hurt, say if he is taken or is not interested. I also don't want to come off as easy.

There's no way this won't look desperate tryna bang a neighbour but you know his flat so just...go...
Reply 2
Original post by 0to100
There's no way this won't look desperate tryna bang a neighbour but you know his flat so just...go...

I don't just want to bang

This is going to sound weird as hell, but where are you staying e.g. uni?

This literally happened to me a few days ago but I would have been the guy
Reply 4
Original post by Hep Guardiola
This is going to sound weird as hell, but where are you staying e.g. uni?

This literally happened to me a few days ago but I would have been the guy

London...this happened today
I don't just want to bang

Didn't say nothing about banging, love, just go by and ask him out...

or wait around for him to come out idk. You literally don't know the guy....
London...this happened today

Oh okay cool, I'd talk to him, he may be shy so if you have the confidence you should make the first move. That's what I would have wanted you to do if I had been him. Say "I've seen you around, what's your name?" and then see if the conversation leads anywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending