The Student Room Group

Left school in 2015 with no GCSES need help?

I dont know what am I suppose to do with College.

I want to go to University to do Medicine or Law?

What qualifications would I need from College to then go to University?

Ever since I've left school in 2015 with no GCSES I've been lost on what Qualification I actually would need to get ready for University. God damn College is so confusing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WiggleBiggle
I dont know what am I suppose to do with College.

I want to go to University to do Medicine or Law?

What qualifications would I need from College to then go to University?

Ever since I've left school in 2015 with no GCSES I've been lost on what Qualification I actually would need to get ready for University. God damn College is so confusing.

The first thing you need to do is get GCSEs in English and Maths (and ideally Science). English and Maths are required by all universities, and most jobs as well (even if you have higher qualifications, you still need these GCSEs). After you've got them, you can either do an Access to HE course, apply for a foundation year, or do A levels. There is more information about the different routes into university here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3401311

If you decide to study law, do the Access to HE course; if you want to study medicine, do A levels.
Reply 2
Look at why you want to study them first. Law and Medicine two two completely different fields, and are probably the most competitive. You can do Law at the Open university, which you don't need any qualifications for. But I have Gcse's and A-levels so I can't tell whether I'd struggle without them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending