The Student Room Group

Biomedical lab WEX

There's a possibility that I will be able to have some work experience in an Oxford University biomedical lab. I would really like to do it but I'm not sure if it would be very relevant to veterinary (as this one focusses on heart disease research in humans). Would this be relevant enough or should I focus on getting more hunsbandry WEX?
I'm pretty sure any lab experience is accepted as husbandry wex by most, if not all of the universities. :smile:
Wow lucky. Don't really have advice but how old are you?
Reply 3
Original post by Nessie162
I'm pretty sure any lab experience is accepted as husbandry wex by most, if not all of the universities. :smile:

That's good! Thank you :smile:

Original post by _4everfaithful__
Wow lucky. Don't really have advice but how old are you?

I'm 15 (16 next month woo). My dad has contacts with some Oxford professors/fellows who may be able to offer me a place (:
That would be highly valuable experience!
Particularly Surrey, but other unis also, are interested in the link between human and animal research and how it can benefit other species so that would be great. The only thing to watch is some universities cut off date for experience is 18 months prior to the October you are applying. Most will still count older placements but they may not be credited as strongly as more recent placements.
Reply 5
Original post by VMD100
That would be highly valuable experience!
Particularly Surrey, but other unis also, are interested in the link between human and animal research and how it can benefit other species so that would be great. The only thing to watch is some universities cut off date for experience is 18 months prior to the October you are applying. Most will still count older placements but they may not be credited as strongly as more recent placements.

That's great thank you :smile:
Yes, I've seen on the RVC website that they only count WEX within 18 months of applying towards the 4 week requirement. Does this still mean I can put down work experience from before this?
Original post by buzzyambee
That's great thank you :smile:
Yes, I've seen on the RVC website that they only count WEX within 18 months of applying towards the 4 week requirement. Does this still mean I can put down work experience from before this?

When I filled in my RVC form I included all my placements, not just recent. Same with Liverpool. For Nottingham I only put recent as they didn't specify and you can only add 6 placements.
I would go for it! Would be a very good experience, one that is quite difficult to get.

Quick Reply

Latest