The Student Room Group

Options

Hi,
I am still thinking about whether I want to study something scientific or musical at university, however I need to start thinking about A-Level options. I want to take 4, and am currently thinking about English Lit, Music, Biology and either Chemistry or History. I can't decide what would be best - I know Chemistry would be great for a career in science but I also really love History. Any suggestions as to what would be best?
Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
You already have Biology so I would say that's extremely sciency - I would personally do what you love because otherwise your going to hate your 2 years at A-Level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you do a science at uni your going to almost ALWAYS need 2 pure sciences. If you want to keep that door open do chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 4475039
Hi,
I am still thinking about whether I want to study something scientific or musical at university, however I need to start thinking about A-Level options. I want to take 4, and am currently thinking about English Lit, Music, Biology and either Chemistry or History. I can't decide what would be best - I know Chemistry would be great for a career in science but I also really love History. Any suggestions as to what would be best?
Thanks!

Personally I absolutely adore history and it's definitely my favourite a level. I also was undecided at the start of a levels if I wanted to do a science career or not. I choose to do biology, chemistry, history and Spanish A levels. That was definitely the right choice for me personally. I have since then dropped chemistry after AS and taken the other three to A2. My best friend doesn't know if she wants to study physics or music at uni and she's comfortably managed to do both. I don't see why you couldn't do biology, chemistry, music and history for the first year and hopefully by then you'll have decided which career you prefer and you can chose to drop one! My other friend does English lit a level and a lot of hard work and time goes in to it. I'd say unless you absolutely love it don't pick it because even though she wants to be an author she's starting to hate it a little.

Quick Reply

Latest