The Student Room Group

Girls, ho much do muscles and six pack abs really matter to you?.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naf_A
would it be bad to say that I dont find that attractive?? ATM my boyfriend is 6 ft tall, and super skinny and there's me, all curvy-in fact almost fat compared to him......and I think he's super attractive....

I dont see how abs and a six pack should matter when really it's in the heart.....what's outside is nothing in comparison to the inside.

I agree. My boyfriend is also really skinny and i love him that way! Im really curvy and he loves me that way too. Muscles and abs dont matter to me as long as the person has a great personality and is healthy :smile:
Original post by stefano865
It matters.

If you're not ripped you may as well kill yourself.

ah ****

goodbye world
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I agree. My boyfriend is also really skinny and i love him that way! Im really curvy and he loves me that way too. Muscles and abs dont matter to me as long as the person has a great personality and is healthy :smile:

So you wouldn't want him to be ripped and shredded to the bone with 6 pack abs?.
Original post by Restart99
So you wouldn't want him to be ripped and shredded to the bone with 6 pack abs?.

No not at all, its not attractive in my opinion, to be that muscley, and he doesnt like it either.

The reason he is so skinny is because he has a fast metabolism but hes going to the gym and eating a higher calorie intake to gain weight but i still love him nonetheless and if he wants to change he should do it for himself and not others.
I am sensing an alarming trend in here lol.
Curvy girls like skinny guys.

I like skinny guys and muscley guys. Just not extremely muscley and ripped like theyre on steroids or something, that **** aint cute lol

why is it alarming? People like what they like.
Abs don't matter to me at all. I actually prefer men who are slightly chubby - they're more fun to cuddle with. :^_^: But at the end of the day, I'm not really bothered about body shapes.
When I see a guy who is muscular, I can't help but think 'I wonder what he'd think of my beautiful muffin top'.

& also,

'Would he buy me protein powder instead of dominos????'

I think these lightly though, I would say a healthy weight is appealing to me of any type.

But ofc if I had the choice between a dad bod and a ripped bod (with the same personality etc), I'd be all for the ripped bod.
Reply 49
Original post by sameehaiqbal

Exactly!!! My point exactly.....and that is definitely how I feel...my boyfriend is almost bony but I love him for him and nothing else...yeah sometimes looks play a massive role in people's relationships....but they are not the only things that matter.... :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Mccheesy
you don't think he will look good muscular and ripped?.

No I mean, I am afraid that now that I have asked this innocent question it will be like a pandora box and you will indeed want him to be ripped and shredded otherwise you will break up with him.

Hahaha you're question though was "innocent" as you had claimed it would be.......was definitely a bit like Pandora's Box....I was soo curious...lool so last night I was up very late thinking about it...and I rang him at half 1...he thought it was an emergency lol...but anyways I told him about everything you had said....long story short you are wrong...I will never want him to be "ripped and shredded" and I will never break up with him for those reasons.....I have to admit, it did cause a lot of questioning in my mind......but then I also had to think about the reasons I fell in love with him.....and why that had happened.....coz he is very good looking and attractive without being so muscular....but you shouldn't expect a person to change their physical appearance for you....after all those physical appearances must have been the first reason as to why you were attracted to that person in particular right??
I like toned arms and shoulders (big fan of broad shoulders, as long as they're proportional and don't look like a body builder) but not a fan of 6 packs. Too much muscle makes me feel inadequate and too fat for them, and just seems a bit weird on real people (rather than celebrities) to me.
Tbh I prefer skinnier (tall is preferable for me) guys, not too skinny but just slightly toned, not huge muscles or visible six packs. If you want to know what I mean, daniel sharman and toby regbo are ideal for me (google them):wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending