The Student Room Group

okay..

So, i have taken my AS in law,english and business as you are aware its results day 2morro, i am actually peeing myself....... i need some comfort here...

How many slips are in the Envelop?
What happens if i am not happy with my grades, how do i resit?
is ther a cost???
When are the resits?

thank you
Reply 1
lshaw123
So, i have taken my AS in law,english and business as you are aware its results day 2morro, i am actually peeing myself....... i need some comfort here...

is ther a cost???
When are the resits?

thank you

I don't know how many slips are in your envelope because i get my results by email, but you resit by talking sometime during the school year with your exams officer and you give him a list of the subjects you wish to retake. The cost of the retakes is normally about the same as your exams were this time, and the resits are in January, or you can try next June again. I'm sure you'll be fine.!
You will get one slip per exam board. So, say your Law and Business Studies courses are OCR and English is AQA, you will get one slip with your Law and Business results on it and another slip with your English results on it.

As for re-sitting, you don't sort that out until you return for your second year in September. On the first day, your teachers will go round asking who wants to re-sit which module(s). That's how it worked at our sixth form.

As for cost - yeah, unfortunately. Between £10-£12 per exam!
Reply 3
Thanks Guys, i feel abit better now lol
Reply 4
Heya,

I think the number of slips in the envelope depends on how many exam boards you took your exams with - there's usually one slip per exam board, so say you took your exams with OCR and Edexcel, you'd get 2 slips of paper...

xxx
Hotspur Warrior
You will get one slip per exam board. So, say your Law and Business Studies courses are OCR and English is AQA, you will get one slip with your Law and Business results on it and another slip with your English results on it.

As for re-sitting, you don't sort that out until you return for your second year in September. On the first day, your teachers will go round asking who wants to re-sit which module(s). That's how it worked at our sixth form.

As for cost - yeah, unfortunately. Between £10-£12 per exam!

What! :eek: It's £20 for us! :mad:
Reply 6

You will get a separate slip for each exam board. If your school uses one exam board for all the subjects you're taking, they will all be listed on the one slip together.

You'll need to talk to your teachers. You need to decline your grade if you are wanting to resit an AS, but not continue to A2, unless you wish to resit all units. Your exams officer will be able to do this for you by September 20th, I think.

is ther a cost???

Some schools pay, but others do not. The cost varies between exam boards and some schools may charge extra to cover additional administration costs. I had some resits that were £12 and some that were as expensive as £24. I think it also depends on the qualification - i.e. A-level and Applied A-level are different in terms of cost.

When are the resits?

You can resit in January or June. Check that your school enters students for January exams though, as not all do.

Good Luck
Reply 7
My school was great for resits. £15 per module, and you get it back if your UMS goes up. Bargin. :biggrin:

Latest