The Student Room Group

How are my chances?

I applied for law at both LSE and Oxford but am unsure if my application actually has a realistic chance of being considered. I know they ask for a 38-40 but I've also understood that I should take that with a grain of salt which is making me quite nervous.

Economics HL => 7
French B HL => 7
English A HL => 6

Biology SL => 6
Business and Management SL => 6
Mathematical Studies => 6

Bonus => 2
Total predicted grade: 40

Many thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Arnition
I applied for law at both LSE and Oxford but am unsure if my application actually has a realistic chance of being considered. I know they ask for a 38-40 but I've also understood that I should take that with a grain of salt which is making me quite nervous.

Economics HL => 7
French B HL => 7
English A HL => 6

Biology SL => 6
Business and Management SL => 6
Mathematical Studies => 6

Bonus => 2
Total predicted grade: 40

Many thanks in advance. :smile:

Nobody can tell you if you will get an offer. That's why you get 5 choices - you can apply to unis with slightly lower requirements as well. Even then, some people get rejected from all of their choices and need to use [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki].

All you can do is make your application the best it can be - and since it's sent off now, you can't make any changes so should stop worrying. Just concentrate on working hard, as if you do get an offer you'll need to get good marks and meet the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest