The Student Room Group

how to revise for eng language new spec

i have tried really hard to study english at home as my teacher in english is useless so pls help me by giving me advice as to how you each of the questions

q2,3,4,5

ps. don't say things like find ur learning style or split it into chunks
Which exam board is it? From your question I don't think you are on the same as me. I can help with AQA, but I'm not sure about the others. What style are the questions in? What are you marked on for each one?
My general advice regardless of exam board is to read the spec. Make sure you know your AOs and what each question involves. Explore the language of each objective and make sure you fully understand how each will be weighted in each question to help give you an idea what your answer should look like. Mostly though knowing your AOs and the spec will help you focus your revision on what you need to say to score points

Reading as much as you can will also help. Read from a wide range of texts and try to read critically, focusing on analysing the language and literary techniques - revise their purpose and effect and all the key vocab attached to each (if there's a word you don't know E.g. Gerund. Then spend 10 minutes researching it). Also try to note your own reaction to a text and think about whether the context has changed in your reading to an original reading when it was first published. If there's a difference, why?
Reply 3
Original post by -hannah-lucy-
Which exam board is it? From your question I don't think you are on the same as me. I can help with AQA, but I'm not sure about the others. What style are the questions in? What are you marked on for each one?
its aqa:smile:
Original post by bhavyab02
its aqa:smile:

A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by littlemix012
gcse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending