Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What kind of help can I get - if any?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I don't really wanna go into a long sotry about my life but basically I suffered a parental bereavement in my early teens then in my late teens I had a big change of relationship with my remaining parent who basically chose a new partner of 2 months over me and I had to leave the family home. This is all resolved now and I am very close with this parent. However I still feel all of these things have an impact on my life and relationships now. I am unhappy. I feel like I have anger issues. I may even have alcohol issues, when I get drunk if someone upsets me I can over react massively and say nasty things I don't mean.

    Is there anyone professional I can speak to about this? If I went to a doctor would they help me? I don't think I have an actual mental illness.

    Your GP can refer you to counselling. In fact, I don't think you need to see your GP to get a referal to counselling.
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Your GP can refer you to counselling. In fact, I don't think you need to see your GP to get a referal to counselling.
    How do I do it without a GP and is it free on the NHS?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 1, 1970
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.