The Student Room Group

Mature applicant stress

I don't have the entry requirements for the universities I am applying to (although one did say that I potentially would) I have contacted universities, and they did say they would encourage an application and consider me. Which I mean, don't get me wrong, it's made me really happy they'd even consider me based mainly/entirely off my portfolio and work experience. It just feels like the odds are so stacked against me, that I'll end up with zero offers. Doesn't help that some universities consider me as a mature applicant (I turn 21 next December), meanwhile others say I would have to apply in 2018 to be considered a mature applicant.
Gah, here's just hoping I somehow manage to convince a university I'm worth having!
How are the rest of you coping with application stress? Anyone else watching videos for advice on clearing incase it all goes wrong? :frown:
What qualifications do you have? What sort of course are you after? It may be worth going to college for a year and improving your grades first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jamiefromipswich
What qualifications do you have? What sort of course are you after? It may be worth going to college for a year and improving your grades first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a Higher in English, an NC in Business, as well as having completed some modules of an HNC in Business. Currently doing an SVQ Level 3 / SVQF Level 7 in Creative and Digital Media (which is a bit hit and miss on whether Admissions will consider it). Going to send my application off and hope for the best. If not, will go through clearance, and if not then I will assess my situation after. I would love to do another year in college but I wouldn't get funding for it and I would rather not spend £1k+ if I can hopefully get into University this time around. I am going for a Journalism course, and have been published in the Huffington Post and other publications, which hopefully should be a decent boost to my application. Another thing that puts me off doing another year in college, would be that I would end up starting University at 23, which I would rather not do.

(Edit: One or two of the Universities I am applying for said I would meet their Entry requirements, but the other ones encouraged an application)
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok that still sounds promising! I wouldn't worry too much then. Also I'll be 29 by the time I start university!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending