Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depressed creepy guy is making me uncomfortable!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

There's this guy in college who has mental health problems and obviously likes me. We've known each other for just over a month but have spoken even less, yet it's almost like he's obsessed with me. Due to the fact we do a diploma, I can't escape him: he's in all my lessons and is not starting to sit in my friends places just so he can sit with me. I've had experiences of sexual harassment before and have an anxiety disorder so his actions make me feel so uncomfortable. The worst part is that he has mental health problems and the other day when I was particularly distant to him, he talked about suicide and harming himself, so I can't just tell him to leave me alone as I feel he'll get even more unwell. Also after this conversation, he suddenly grabbed and held me making me again uncomfortable till the point I was shaking. I feel like I can't escape because I don't want to cause him to do anything to himself, but I'm afraid it will get out of hand if I do nothing. Advice?

you are not responsible for this unfortunate person's problems. explain to your tutors/counselors what is happening.

Your safety > his safety

Tell the tutor. They're in a position of authority, so they're partly responsible for ensuring that everyone in the class remains safe during the lessons.

That sounds scary, I hope you are ok. Perhaps you should talk to your teacher or maybe someone older/in charge who can deal with this?! Even phone up/look on website of some organisation such as Childline as they might have professional advice. Sorry it's not great advice, wishing you all the best.

Talk to the college pastoral workers or welfare department, if his problems are well known they will be familiar with him and know the best way to handle him.
    If you feel unsafe, don't keep quiet about it. Tell someone, they can at least keep an eye on you in classes to make sure he's not doing anything inappropriate if nothing else. I once had a teacher that subtly moved a kid who was sitting next to me, she disguised it as a whole new seating plan and was just sure to move us apart.

There are options
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.