The Student Room Group

Afghan interpreter raped at knifepoint in Calais Jungle by migrants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek

I have a problem with folks who tar all or most with the same brush based on the actions of one or two.

While I agree with you in principle, it is quite clear that significantly more than one or two of the Calais people are troublemakers. Hundreds are involved in violence on a regular basis and all of them are deliberately avoiding registering as asylum seekers in France for no valid reason. This latter, in my view, makes them economic migrants rather than true asylum seekers.
Very sad. I feel more uneasy now about this getting associated right after and used politically.
I think the acknowledgement of the victim should be separate and take precedence.
Original post by ByEeek
Or, maybe if you treat humans like scum of the earth, they act like scum of the earth? Would you really be surprised if a dog bit you after giving it repeated kickings?

Maybe the folks in the Jungle aren't thugs. Maybe they are people just like you and I seeking a better life, but forced through some of the most extreme experiences and situations.

Disgraceful comments. They are treated better than they are in the ME, and so many Europeans want to give them free homes. Native people have been pushed out of their homes in Sweden. The fact you show no empathy for the victim and try and excuse their actions is repulsive.

You compare a woman doing her job as interpreter getting raped as a person doing the kicking getting bitten by a dog.

Shameful that they can exploit many peoples humanity and treat women like this, with your seeming support. What is going on in your head?
Original post by ByEeek

I also feel that given the contempt with which the public in general feel towards certain migrants, is it any wonder incidents like this happen?

Yes it is. Many people have been treated with utter contempt, including many 'unsophisticated' poor people in this country....they don't go and rape unconnected individuals doing their job. You are talking heinous, toxic rubbish.
I usually despise the tory government, however they're doing something right by not letting these thugs into Britain, and some of them may be IS synthesisers!
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Yes it is. Many people have been treated with utter contempt, including many 'unsophisticated' poor people in this country....they don't go and rape unconnected individuals doing their job. You are talking heinous, toxic rubbish.

Again - you miss quote me. I presume that like the person I originally quoted, you take these three individuals and then conclude that all migrants are criminals and thugs?
Original post by ByEeek
Again - you miss quote me. I presume that like the person I originally quoted, you take these three individuals and then conclude that all migrants are criminals and thugs?

I suggest you go onto Youtube and look up "Migrants try to hijack trucks in Calais". So many truck drivers have started filming their journeys on the road next to the Jungle and every single time, they've had stones thrown at them, their trucks blocked and huge groups migrants have waved their knives at them.

Not saying all migrants are criminals and thugs but it gives a damn good insight into what some of the Jungle migrants are like. Any sane person wouldn't want hooligans like them here.
Original post by AyatollahAssad
I usually despise the tory government, however they're doing something right by not letting these thugs into Britain, and some of them may be IS synthesisers!

Lol the word is 'sympathisers' and why do you despise the Conservative government?
I
Original post by Trapz99
Lol the word is 'sympathisers' and why do you despise the Conservative government?

Lmao that's auto spelling correction for you.
Original post by ByEeek

You shouldn't presume anything.

You're the one who tried to excuse this.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You shouldn't presume anything.

You're the one who tried to excuse this.

Where did I excuse it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending