The Student Room Group

What's GCSE ICT like?

I'm in year 9 and after Christmas we are meant to choose our options for GCSE. This seems way too early but I have no idea what I want to be in the future but I want to do something tech-like.
I want to do, however, GCSE ICT because I like designing sites (not that I actually make any) and PowerPoint, Word etc.
However, I wonder about what the course is ACTUALLY like, so if you take this I'd appreciate it a lot. And our school website says that we use serif web for our course so if you've used it and it's good please tell me :smile: much appreciated
Original post by MissKaboodle21
I'm in year 9 and after Christmas we are meant to choose our options for GCSE. This seems way too early but I have no idea what I want to be in the future but I want to do something tech-like.
I want to do, however, GCSE ICT because I like designing sites (not that I actually make any) and PowerPoint, Word etc.
However, I wonder about what the course is ACTUALLY like, so if you take this I'd appreciate it a lot. And our school website says that we use serif web for our course so if you've used it and it's good please tell me :smile: much appreciated

If ICT is the same as when I did it, it's pretty awful. You can use Word and Powerpoint in practically any subject. I did design a website, but it wasn't anything impressive.

That being said, just because I didn't like it, doesn't mean you will share my opinion. Your best bet is speaking to teachers at your school that teach the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest