The Student Room Group

Which do you prefer: movies that make you laugh or cry?

I prefer to watch movies which make me cry ! :wink: It's easier to find dramatic and emotional-inducing films than it is to find good comedic ones ! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
SO true.......Its the same with me!! :biggrin:
Ones that make me laugh!
I cry enough enough as it is so laughing is the one for me!
Laughing! I already do enough of the other involuntarily so its nice to watch a good movie every now and then. Plus i find it hard to laugh at movies so its always a good thing :h:
Reply 4
Movies pretty much don't make me cry. I prefer a movie that can elicit a range of emotional responses though, i.e. a movie at which viewers may laugh or cry...so long as it is not some saccharine tripe.
movies that make audiences cry and laugh.
Reply 6
hmm tough one really, i prefer both. just depends what mood i'm in
Movies tend not to make me cry so when they actually manage it's amazing really
Call me old-fashioned, but I piss myself laughing by watching Laurel and Hardy.
Too old-fashioned, even if I am 17-18 years old.
Reply 9
Movies that make me cry. I actually enjoy having a good old cry at a film :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think a movie has ever made me cry. The boy in the striped pyjamas came close though.
american pie or shinddlers list ?

i love 300 .. tonight we lol in hell
Neither. I’d rather watch a thriller or something. Adrenaline is what makes your day better.
I have a very low threshold for things that make me laugh, so I love comedies. I like sad/emotional films too but I don't cry full-on. Maybe just a few tears in my eyes by the end of a sad film. I have to be really emotionally invested in the film (or high) in order to fully enjoy a sad film.
Reply 14
Original post by cbreef
I don't think a movie has ever made me cry. The boy in the striped pyjamas came close though.

that film was sooo sad. i cried my eyes out lol
I prefer movies that make me cry, I don't know why.
Never had a movie that made me sad so I really dont know. but I do like more darker movies compared to comedy
I don't cry.
Don't really cry over movies so laugh.
Original post by 123teddy
american pie or shinddlers list ?

i love 300 .. tonight we lol in hell

SPARTA.png

Quick Reply