The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2017

Hi guys, :happy2:I thought I'd start a 2017 application thread for Bournemouth, just to see who's apply for what and what people are interested in :borat: Hopefully it'll be a good hub for people to meet each other and get chatting!

Format

Name:
GCSEs:
AS:
A2 subjects:
A2 (predictions or achieved):
ECs:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danny Dorito
Hi guys, :happy2:I thought I'd start a 2017 application thread for Bournemouth, just to see who's apply for what and what people are interested in :borat: Hopefully it'll be a good hub for people to meet each other and get chatting!

Hello 😊 I'm a current student here at BU, in my first year doing Advertising. If you have any questions feel free to ask 😊

Emma
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Lots of people talking on this Facebook group :smile:

facebook.com/groups/152481561888778/
Original post by emiloujess
Hello 😊 I'm a current student here at BU, in my first year doing Advertising. If you have any questions feel free to ask 😊

Emma

Hi do you know how long Bournemouth tend to take to respond to applications? I'm applying for Midwifery.

Thanks
Reply 4
Hi!
I'm currently living in Cornwall. Got a conditional offer from Bournemouth University for Events Management a few weeks ago. Any one else applying for Events?
Original post by MummyMidwife
Hi do you know how long Bournemouth tend to take to respond to applications? I'm applying for Midwifery.

Thanks

Hi MummyMidwife

We aim to respond to applications within a two-week window.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Sarah
Name: Lauryn
Course: Psychology
GCSEs: AAAABBBBCC
AS: BBC
A2 subjects: Psychology, sociology, English literature
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAB
ECs: ???
Name: OJ
Course:CYP nursing
GCSEs: English, maths&science
A2 (predictions or achieved): 420 (old)/160 (new tarrif point)

Good Luck to you all :smile:
I applied for adult nursing at Bournemouth university in October via UCAS. However I haven't heard anything back? Has anyone heard anything?
Does anyone know the process of offers with Midwifery? Once you've completed and been successful with the test day, if they like you on interview day are you given an offer on the day or do you need to wait till they've processed all applications?

thanks and hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and wish you all success in the new year x
Reply 10
Hi everyone,

I think about start DESIGN AND ENGINEERING course in BU. I am from Poland bui Iive here 2.5 year. I hesitate which course should i choose. i am worry about Math because i dont feel strong in this subject. i wonder if somebody here already is in this course and will be able to eplain how it looks? Thank you for help:smile:
Original post by Anyahughes
I applied for adult nursing at Bournemouth university in October via UCAS. However I haven't heard anything back? Has anyone heard anything?

I applied mid november for Occupational Therapy and still haven't heard anything :frown:
Hey, I've applied for Occupational Therapy and I have an interview on the 1st February 😁
Hey, I applied for Business Studies (International Business) mid November and haven't heard anything from BU yet as well .. I guess they are slow offer senders and will respond later this month
Original post by Lucky987
Hey, I applied for Business Studies (International Business) mid November and haven't heard anything from BU yet as well .. I guess they are slow offer senders and will respond later this month

Yeah Bournemouth are quite slow. For most people in my class they were either the last uni to hear from or was yet to hear anything
Name: James
Course: Business Information Technology
GCSE: 2xA, 5xB 1xC
A2: Biology and History plus a BTEC in IT.
Predicted A2: 2xC and D*D*
Original post by Lucky987

Hi Lucky987

We're so pleased you've applied to study International Business Studies at BU!

I have checked with Admissions and turnaround times are currently between 3-4 weeks on applications due to the large volume we've received. We were also closed over Christmas.

If you still haven't had a response from us, please email us at [email protected] and one of our advisers can look into this for you.

Best wishes

Sarah
Original post by thattallgirl
I applied mid november for Occupational Therapy and still haven't heard anything :frown:

Hi thattallgirl

Congratulations on making your application to BU!

Turnaround times are currently between 3-4 weeks on applications due to the large volume we've received and we were also closed over Christmas.

If you still haven't had a response from us on your OT application, please email us at [email protected] and one of our advisers can look into this for you.

Best wishes
OSarah
Original post by MummyMidwife
Does anyone know the process of offers with Midwifery? Once you've completed and been successful with the test day, if they like you on interview day are you given an offer on the day or do you need to wait till they've processed all applications?

thanks and hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and wish you all success in the new year x

Hi MummyMidwife

Students that have attended an interview can usually expect to hear from us within 48 hours.

You are encouraged to check myHub for any notifications.

If you've still not heard anything, please email us via [email protected] and one of our advisers can look into the status of your application.

Best wishes

Sarah
Hi everyone

There has been a lot of chat recently regarding application decisions so we wanted to share this (hopefully!) useful info:

Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, there may be a short delay. However, turnaround times are currently between 3-4 weeks on applications

Students applying for courses that interview are encouraged to check myHub to make sure we’re not waiting for more information, or for them to book their interview slot

Once a student has attended an interview, they can usually expect to hear from us within 48 hours

Just ask if you have any questions.

Good luck with your applications!

BU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending