The Student Room Group

Nursing 2017 Applicants

Hi everyone!

I thought we should have a thread for 2017 entry applicants. Applications are open and I for one am worrying already, so might be nice to have a support group!

If any current student nurses have advice or information on how they are finding the course it would be much appreciated ! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jellybean18
Hi everyone!

I thought we should have a thread for 2017 entry applicants. Applications are open and I for one am worrying already, so might be nice to have a support group!

If any current student nurses have advice or information on how they are finding the course it would be much appreciated ! :smile:

I've moved your thread into the Nursing and Midwifery area :smile:

There are already a lot of 2017 applicant threads you might want to take a look at here.
Reply 2
Hi!
I'm applying for Adult Nursing in Uni of South Wales, sent my application off on September 20th and i'm nervous already too can't wait to hear back!!
Reply 3
oh lovely! i was actually looking at Bangor univeristy do you know much about welsh universiites and how they are for nursing? i am from Northern Ireland so would love to get Queens :smile:
Reply 4
Oh cool! USW is the highest
Rated uni in Wales for nursing! Swansea is really good too :smile: my aunt sometimes lectures in mental health nursing and she said they value students who come from those unis! :smile: check out league tables too I've found those helpful :smile:
Reply 5
That's great thank you :smile:! Are you going for adults nursing ? Bangor appears to be highest in league tables for nursing from Welsh unis but I don't know how influenced by league tables I should be ? :smile: where elce are you applying to
Reply 6
That's great thank you :smile:! Are you going for adults nursing ? Bangor appears to be highest in league tables for nursing from Welsh unis but I don't know how influenced by league tables I should be ? :smile: where elce are you applying to

That's okay! :smile: it's so easy to get influenced! Just do what's right for you! yeah adult nursing! I've only applied to uni of South Wales! :smile: I've already done a degree there and have worked there so you can tell I love it there! 😂 where have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by BA1995
That's okay! :smile: it's so easy to get influenced! Just do what's right for you! yeah adult nursing! I've only applied to uni of South Wales! :smile: I've already done a degree there and have worked there so you can tell I love it there! 😂 where have you applied to? :smile:

oh really :smile:! ahah yes . well i am looking over my choices so far i think Queens for two intakes , uni of Ulster , stirling i think and LJmu or surrey- its really my last two choices away from ireland i am a bit confused over. do you know if the NHS stil cover nursing fees in wales :smile:?
Reply 8
Oh cool a nice varied choice of uni's! I think that the bursary has been stopped for 2017 which is very annoying! good luck applying!! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by BA1995
Oh cool a nice varied choice of uni's! I think that the bursary has been stopped for 2017 which is very annoying! good luck applying!! :smile:

So annoying! Good thing about NI unis they are keeping them and cover fees
Hello :smile:
I am applying too..... for March or September 2017. Sent my ucas application. Hopeful for at least an interview. Good luck everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. I sent my application off two days after UCAS opened. I have a interview at chester on wednesday, edge hill friday and UCLAN next wednesday. Got refused by LJMU. Anybody else have interviews? Im really worried as didn't get in last year.
Original post by elvislass77
Hello :smile:
I am applying too..... for March or September 2017. Sent my ucas application. Hopeful for at least an interview. Good luck everyone.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you going for and what field :smile:!?
Original post by kirstybee2
Hi. I sent my application off two days after UCAS opened. I have a interview at chester on wednesday, edge hill friday and UCLAN next wednesday. Got refused by LJMU. Anybody else have interviews? Im really worried as didn't get in last year.

That's so quick , I've not sent mine off yet I didn't think they even made offers until later . How did you find the process last year and what field you going for :smile:? Fingers crossed it will be your year !!
I applied to USW and Cardiff..... unsuccessful for Cardiff. Haven't heard back for USW yet..... eeeekkkk!!!!!
I have applied for adult nursing xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elvislass77
I applied to USW and Cardiff..... unsuccessful for Cardiff. Haven't heard back for USW yet..... eeeekkkk!!!!!
I have applied for adult nursing xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are these for September 2017 intakes ? I didn't think they interviewed until after closing dates of UCAS
Yes September 2017.
I heard from Cardiff real quick.
But no reply from USW as yet. I have no recent study so I think I was an easy no for Cardiff. I have the requirements for entry but I completed my hnc's and first year of the child health degree 10 years ago..... some universities are strict on this recent study requirement. USW where less concerned on the open day but still not massively hopeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I've applied for Mental Health Nursing at Stirling, Dundee and UWS Hamilton.

I'm a bit older and have a previous degree in business but have been working as a band 2 on a ward for 2 years and love it.

Would be good to meet other Scottish nurse types :smile:
Reply 18
Applied to study Learning Disability Nursing at Chester, Coventry, USW, De Montfort and Northampton: sent my application off last night! Had an acknowledgment email from Chester this morning.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so quick , I've not sent mine off yet I didn't think they even made offers until later . How did you find the process last year and what field you going for :smile:? Fingers crossed it will be your year !!

Hi I had my interview on Wednesday for Chester and heard back Friday for a place! If I could give you advice it would be to apply as soon as possible. I left it until late last year and didn't get interviewed until January by then they was very little places 😫 Am applying for adult what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest