The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Law at City

Did anyone here get in with lower than the entry requirements?
Reply 1
City University are quite lenient when it comes to offers. I think it depends on how close you missed out on. I can't say for Law specifically, though I did get accepted when I got lower than the entry requirements for Computer Science. What have you been offered and what are you currently on?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
City University are quite lenient when it comes to offers. I think it depends on how close you missed out on. I can't say for Law specifically, though I did get accepted when I got lower than the entry requirements for Computer Science. What have you been offered and what are you currently on?

i havent actually applied yet- which is why i was asking
but city is my top option tbh so i'll be applying no matter what
my predicted grades are bbb and the entry requirements are abb
what do you think?
Reply 3
Original post by ThatGurl
i havent actually applied yet- which is why i was asking
but city is my top option tbh so i'll be applying no matter what
my predicted grades are bbb and the entry requirements are abb
what do you think?

Yeah definitely, I think you can turn one of those Bs to an A. Apply there, Law is a very good course at City and as I said, i've heard of them being lenient so you should go for it.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Yeah definitely, I think you can turn one of those Bs to an A. Apply there, Law is a very good course at City and as I said, i've heard of them being lenient so you should go for it.

ah okay great! thank you!!
Reply 5

As a graduate from the City Law School I can say this: Yes, some students did get in with lower grades. Sometimes Ds and Cs. One of my friends did get in with A* DD. They will let you in if they have space and if you show motivation and high interest for the course.
Reply 6
Original post by rbgpwer
As a graduate from the City Law School I can say this: Yes, some students did get in with lower grades. Sometimes Ds and Cs. One of my friends did get in with A* DD. They will let you in if they have space and if you show motivation and high interest for the course.

omg that is the best news i could've received thank you so much!! hopefully i get in!
Reply 7
omg that is the best news i could've received thank you so much!! hopefully i get in!

Good luck! I have an offer for law at City so maybe see you there.
Reply 8
Original post by wifty

ah thank you!!
wow you already have an offer? thats so quick!! i just sent off my application today so hopefully i get an offer soon
Reply 9
ah thank you!!
wow you already have an offer? thats so quick!! i just sent off my application today so hopefully i get an offer soon

Yeah, they responded to me within a couple of days so hopefully it won't take long for you either!
Reply 10

I'm in first year for Law, and i managed to get in with ABC (but I also did an Extended Project and got a B,as well as an AS level). They were surprisingly lenient, so I think this should be ok. good luck in your application and DM me if you have any queries.
I got an offer from City, on BBB-BBC with EPQ. I've been predicted AAA, so i think they're quite lenient if you have the minimum requirements.
Got an offer BBB, predicted BBB.
Reply 13
Original post by izzymansfield
I got an offer from City, on BBB-BBC with EPQ. I've been predicted AAA, so i think they're quite lenient if you have the minimum requirements.

Original post by OddFuturez
Got an offer BBB, predicted BBB.

I got the same offer!
Original post by wifty

When did you send off your application? How long did it take them to get an answer??
Applied in December
Reply 15
Original post by goldmannalison
When did you send off your application? How long did it take them to get an answer??
Applied in December

I sent it off in October. Only took a couple of days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending