The Student Room Group

How can the authorises in Mecca find out whether someone is Muslim?

What do they use to find out whether you're Muslim or non-Muslims, since the city is for Muslims.
Reply 1
People going on pilgrimage to Mecca require a visa from the Saudi Government for that purpose. To receive it, you ought to demonstrate you are a Muslim. There are internal border guards in Saudi Arabia who will require documentation if you are travelling.

By the time you get into one of these cities, you'd have had your documentation checked numerous times.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
i live in saudi arabia. ive been makkah quite a lot recently and they dont really ask for documentation. they do have check points but people hardly get stopped. we normally go in taxis but if you have your ow car idk if they stop you. i doubt it.
It took me ages to work out that this thread said Mecca and not Mercia and that I had not in fact been transported back to the 700s
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It took me ages to work out that this thread said Mecca and not Mercia and that I had not in fact been transported back to the 700s

Islam has not moved on from the 700s, so a trip to Mecca might be equivalent to going back to Mercia.
Original post by mkap
i live in saudi arabia. ive been makkah quite a lot recently and they dont really ask for documentation. they do have check points but people hardly get stopped. we normally go in taxis but if you have your ow car idk if they stop you. i doubt it.

How's that going for you?
Reply 6
Original post by KingBradly
How's that going for you?

good i like it here. its so warm :h:
Reply 7
Original post by Good bloke
Islam has not moved on from the 700s, so a trip to Mecca might be equivalent to going back to Mercia.

Educate yourself. What makes you say it has not moved on? Don't assume. Like I said, educate yourself.
Original post by Good bloke

Not true. Islam and the Muslim world advanced a lot. But then Al Ghazali came in the 11th century and set it back again to 700 and it never advanced since then hence why it was more advanced in the year 1000 than it is now in 2016 lol.

Original post by IMS2K17
Educate yourself. What makes you say it has not moved on? Don't assume. Like I said, educate yourself.

[video="youtube;BHqgHFcmAOc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqgHFcmAOc[/video]
Reply 9
For men, they check whether they are circumcised. :dontknow:
Original post by mkap
good i like it here. its so warm :h:

Do you find the oppression of women troubling there?

Quick Reply

Latest