The Student Room Group

Pharmacology Applicants 2017 Entry

So, considering there aren't that many of us I thought we should start a thread for us Pharmacology applicants!

So lets have some ice breakers:
1 - Which universities are you applying to?
2 - What are you most excited about when starting Pharmacology?
3 - How long have you wanted to do Pharmacology for?
4 - Do you have any offers yet?

Let's all stick together!!:wink:

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey iv just applied about a week ago ! So very excited !!!! Iv applied to bristol, cam, kings, leeds and ucl. But heard nothing back yet ! I wonder how long it takes ....like I guess they will take a while as there are so few places on courses I'm sure they will wait for a lot of applications to start filling the places. But I just want to know so bad now. Has anyone else applied and already heard back ?
I don't know about any other applicants but it would be great getting an offer sooner rather than later haha :smile:
Hey guys!
Applied to Bristol, Southampton, Portsmouth, UEL and Liverpool
Have conditional offers from Portsmouth and Liverpool
Have an unconditional offer from UEL

hope you guys get in where you want!
I really want an offer from Bristol so hopefully
Original post by lemonandlime1
Hey guys!
Applied to Bristol, Southampton, Portsmouth, UEL and Liverpool
Have conditional offers from Portsmouth and Liverpool
Have an unconditional offer from UEL

hope you guys get in where you want!
I really want an offer from Bristol so hopefully

That is amazing, congratulations!! I hope you get that offer from Bristol, it does look amazing there with the industrial placement course too...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by carla.tordoff
Hey iv just applied about a week ago ! So very excited !!!! Iv applied to bristol, cam, kings, leeds and ucl. But heard nothing back yet ! I wonder how long it takes ....like I guess they will take a while as there are so few places on courses I'm sure they will wait for a lot of applications to start filling the places. But I just want to know so bad now. Has anyone else applied and already heard back ?

Hi everyone. I applied about 2 weeks ago to Newcastle,Sunderland,Leeds and Glasgow, and have conditionals from Newcastle and Glasgow. I really want to hear back from Sunderland as I've gone for the biopharmaceuticals over pharmacy, but Newcastle still has a placement so id be fine with that. I just can't stand the waiting already and by ucas they take up until may :frown:
Original post by Helz91
Hi everyone. I applied about 2 weeks ago to Newcastle,Sunderland,Leeds and Glasgow, and have conditionals from Newcastle and Glasgow. I really want to hear back from Sunderland as I've gone for the biopharmaceuticals over pharmacy, but Newcastle still has a placement so id be fine with that. I just can't stand the waiting already and by ucas they take up until may :frown:

Comgratulations!!! They will probably reply before May though (hopefully!!!) So I guess all we have to do is wait. So jealous of you all getting offers already!
Omg wow congrats ! Thats so fast to get offers ! I think bristol are taking there time as i applied 3 weeks ago and i got an email today saying they have my application but are waiting for more applications to start handing out offers ...i guess as its such a small course ... but dw they will get back...hope its soon !!! X
Omg wow congrats ! Thats so fast to get offers ! I think bristol are taking there time as i applied 3 weeks ago and i got an email today saying they have my application but are waiting for more applications to start handing out offers ...i guess as its such a small course ... but dw they will get back...hope its soon !!! X

Yeah not many doses so they need more people so they don't give offers out to too many people I guess. Where else have you applied?
Original post by lemonandlime1
Yeah not many doses so they need more people so they don't give offers out to too many people I guess. Where else have you applied?

Iv applied to kings, ucl, Cambridge and leeds ...
But on Friday I got an offer from bristol and kings !!! So super excited !
Iv applied to kings, ucl, Cambridge and leeds ...
But on Friday I got an offer from bristol and kings !!! So super excited !

Well done! I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol as I want it to be my firm, fingers crossed
Just got a letter from leeds and have been invited to an interview ...has anyone else been invited ? Soooo scared i didnt think they did them for pharm so its all very unexpected ! X
Just got a letter from leeds and have been invited to an interview ...has anyone else been invited ? Soooo scared i didnt think they did them for pharm so its all very unexpected ! X

Not heard anything from Leeds yet, only sent my application off yesterday though. Also are you applying for the BSc or MSc? Might be different depending on what youre applying for? I didn't know they did interviews either!
Applied to UCL, KCL, Manchester, QMUL and Bristol
Really can't wait for Toxicology too and the last year in industry or on own research (4 years)
Discovered it 6 months ago since I fell out of touch with medicine.
Haven't got any offers yet sent mine two days ago looool.
Reply 14
Well today I went to read over my personal statement cause I have a mock interview for my study skills module, went onto tracker and have a conditional from sunderland! The one day I haven't checked and it's there. So pleased I can relax a little bit now, with me doing an access course Newcastle want full distinctions but Sunderland only want a pass. :biggrin:
Hey!! There really aren't many of us applying!
I've applied for Leeds, Liverpool, UEA, Hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent. Had all my offers and have an unconditional from nottingham!!
Original post by martha_kelly
Hey!! There really aren't many of us applying!
I've applied for Leeds, Liverpool, UEA, Hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent. Had all my offers and have an unconditional from nottingham!!

Thats amazing well done !!!! Did leeds interview you as iv got an unterview and am so worried as i didnt know they did interview !!!
Thats amazing well done !!!! Did leeds interview you as iv got an unterview and am so worried as i didnt know they did interview !!!

Thanks so much!!!! No I didn't have an interview! Best of luck for yours! X
Original post by martha_kelly
Thanks so much!!!! No I didn't have an interview! Best of luck for yours! X

Thank you ! What r ur predicted grades ? Maybe they are giving straight offers to higher grade predictions ?
Thank you ! What r ur predicted grades ? Maybe they are giving straight offers to higher grade predictions ?

AAB

Quick Reply