The Student Room Group

Feminism Is Too Contradictory

Feminists would not want equal rights if they were offered it believe me.

My view of the whole situation is this - men and women are fundamentally different, physically, emotionally, mentally so they are not equal. However in my mind, both are of equal worth to society. While they are genetically and physically different from each other, one is not more important than the other.

Back to the contradictions feminists raise and there is too many to list.

It is wrong to hit a woman.

I agree with that statement which feminists make however if they actually did want equality they would say it is wrong to hit people or it is ok to hit people. Why have one rule for women and one rule for men?

So if you say for example it is wrong to hit women, then you are indirectly saying women are weaker and therefore should be protected.

Can some of these feminists explain which one is it? Are they weak so they have to be protected or should they be treated the same?

Scroll to see replies

inb4 this gets recycle binned too :smile:
well, it's not inherently wrong to hit women, but you're on the right track - feminists will defend either position - it just depends on *your* position. since feminists are contrarians, they only want to disagree with people for the sake of being edgy. either edgy or misandrist.
Men and women are clearly different but the point is that they should be treated the same as each other.

The view that you shouldn't hit a woman generally doesn't come from feminism itself as it implies that women are seen as the weaker sex i.e it's okay to hit a man because he can defend himself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by bones-mccoy
Men and women are clearly different but the point is that they should be treated the same as each other.

The view that you shouldn't hit a woman generally doesn't come from feminism itself as it implies that women are seen as the weaker sex i.e it's okay to hit a man because he can defend himself.

Interesting you say they should be treated the same but then you mention they should be treated differently because they are the weaker sex.

Which is it?
Reply 5
Original post by sleepysnooze
well, it's not inherently wrong to hit women, but you're on the right track - feminists will defend either position - it just depends on *your* position. since feminists are contrarians, they only want to disagree with people for the sake of being edgy. either edgy or misandrist.

pot, kettle
(edited 7 years ago)
"They are different so they cannot be equal".

I think you need to educate yourself on what "equal" actually means, you appear to have confused "equal" with "the same".

Two things can be different, but equal in terms of their value, rights etc. Or, two things can be different but unequal, with one being inferior and the other superior.

So OP, you clearly think women and man are unequal, do you think that makes are superior?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks

So OP, you clearly think women and man are unequal, do you think that makes are superior?

Original post by konvictz0007

My view of the whole situation is this - men and women are fundamentally different, physically, emotionally, mentally so they are not equal. However in my mind, both are of equal worth to society.

Interesting you say they should be treated the same but then you mention they should be treated differently because they are the weaker sex.

Which is it?

You silly sausage, she quite clearly was saying that feminism posits that women should not be treated differently :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath

Right?
Right?

Left?
Extreme feminism are morons.
Extreme MGTOW/anti-feminism are nincompoops.

Right in the middle, the wedge, the toad in the whole - is a beautiful concept called libertarianism
"They are different so they cannot be equal".

I think you need to educate yourself on what "equal" actually means, you appear to have confused "equal" with "the same".

Two things can be different, but equal in terms of their value, rights etc. Or, two things can be different but unequal, with one being inferior and the other superior.

I've given my answer, they are not equal and they shouldn't be treated the same.

Why don't you tell me, should men and women be treated the same?
Original post by RobML
pot, kettle

so everybody who sees why feminism is contradictory and contrarian is themselves contradictory and contrarian? why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Where did the statement about hitting women even come from? With the exception of men having more muscle mass on average, men and women are equal. It's not wrong to hit a woman if provoked the same applies to men. In a world rife with inequalities between the sexes we should be focused on raising awareness and eradicating it - not making arbitrary statements such as 'feminists wouldn't want equal rights'.

Which is it?

Equal opportunities. For an example, men and women both have the right to undertake physically demanding work if they are capable. Men are more likely to succeed in such careers because they are generally physically stronger than us. That being said, in the minority of cases in which a woman has the required strength, she should not be prevented from doing the job for the sole reason that she is a woman.

I don't think that a man should hit a woman but I also don't think that a woman should hit a man. I have been hit playfully by both genders and that's fine. My take on this though is that if a woman hit a man in a way that is violent, she would leave me with a poor impression. However, in most cases I would also be wary of the man if he hit her back in a similar manner because I'm against violence (haven't been in a physical fight for over a decade) and wouldn't hit someone who hit me unless there was a danger that I would be hurt badly and had to defend myself. I would report the person or retaliate in another non-violent manner. If a child or another person who is clearly physically weaker hit me, I would be even less likely to hit back.
Original post by bones-mccoy

how would he defend himself though? By hitting back? Which just leads back to the issue.
Reply 17
so everybody who sees why feminism is contradictory and contrarian is themselves contradictory and contrarian? why?

Just judging by your posts in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Just judging by your posts in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you even give me an example of how I'm contrarian though? I've been a libertarian since summer 2012...so that's 4.5 years. I've been an anti-feminist for the same time period because obviously feminism is inherently statist. I've been anti-religious too since 2010. I've been all these things for a very long time yet you think it's all just contrarianism? I'm against stupid ideas, not popular ones - if an idea is popular yet good, I'll happily be supportive of it. for example - I hate discrimination and biological prejudice. I am very in favour of LGBT rights. I am in favour of immigration so long as it is highly skilled and certified immigration. name me something that I've been inconsistent with in terms of these things please?

A degenerate 20th century animal like you should be shot in the gulag.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending