The Student Room Group

What is the dumbest thing that you have been punished for in school?

I wrote an essay that was too long and the teacher didn't want to read it... :angry: #Moooose

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OvergrownMoose
I wrote an essay that was too long and the teacher didn't want to read it... :angry: #Moooose

how were you punished?
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
how were you punished?

She said I had to rewrite it! It was really frustrating because I put so much effort in :argh: #Moooose
Reply 3
When I was at school we weren't allowed to wear make up, nail polish and fake nails. Fair enough, make up and fake nails, I can understand but nail polish? They'd make people take it off and gave detentions.

So glad I'm not at school anymore, I don't miss it either. I prefer adult life lol!

Teachers that can cope with reading long-a$$ pieces of writing are cool and admirable.

One of the dumbest things to get punished for is supposedly "smirking". Hate when teachers used to say "Wipe that smirk off your face". I didn't even know what a smirk was....

But the worst thing I got slightly punished for is for something I didn't do. Once upon a time, inside the boys' toilets, some guy pi$$ed on another guy, and then I had to stay >20 minutes after school with the deputy head teacher or whatever. They made me cry twice. My "friend" who pi$$ed on this kid's trousers (only slightly) blamed it on me.

I guess since the culprit wasn't easily identifiable, it wasn't that "dumb". I have a feeling I'll be punished for something dumber in the future, and it won't be nice at all.
I remember once being yelled at for crumpling up a piece of paper that I'd drawn the wrong diagram on. My teacher shouted "Haven't you ever heard of an eraser?!" Well yeah, but I'd drawn the diagram in pen, so I couldn't rub it out.

That was over 9 years ago, and I still remember it :s-smilie:
Detention in art class because my artwork wasn't good enough so I had to redo it :cry2:
Original post by Ishax
When I was at school we weren't allowed to wear make up, nail polish and fake nails. Fair enough, make up and fake nails, I can understand but nail polish? They'd make people take it off and gave detentions.

So glad I'm not at school anymore, I don't miss it either. I prefer adult life lol!

It's not like it harms anyone, how awfully bizarre :s-smilie: #Moooose
Reply 8
I got told off for bunking school. Can you believe that!?
Original post by Kiritsugu
Teachers that can cope with reading long-a$$ pieces of writing are cool and admirable.

One of the dumbest things to get punished for is supposedly "smirking". Hate when teachers used to say "Wipe that smirk off your face". I didn't even know what a smirk was....

But the worst thing I got slightly punished for is for something I didn't do. Once upon a time, inside the boys' toilets, some guy pi$$ed on another guy, and then I had to stay >20 minutes after school with the deputy head teacher or whatever. They made me cry twice. My "friend" who pi$$ed on this kid's trousers (only slightly) blamed it on me.

I guess since the culprit wasn't easily identifiable, it wasn't that "dumb". I have a feeling I'll be punished for something dumber in the future, and it won't be nice at all.

I'd always respect a teacher who puts in effort to actually help! :smile: I'm sorry but who urinates on another person?! HAHA! I'm sorry that you got the blame though :'( #Moooose
It's not like it harms anyone, how awfully bizarre :s-smilie: #Moooose

I agree, I always like to wear nail polish and take care of my nails! It's not like I'm wearing the longest fake nails 🙄 #sostupid lol

Are you close to leaving school?
I always got into trouble for wearing makeup.
Original post by Leviathan1741
I remember once being yelled at for crumpling up a piece of paper that I'd drawn the wrong diagram on. My teacher shouted "Haven't you ever heard of an eraser?!" Well yeah, but I'd drawn the diagram in pen, so I couldn't rub it out.

That was over 9 years ago, and I still remember it :s-smilie:

Should have uncrumpled it and attempt to erase the pen haha #Moooose
(edited 7 years ago)
I pointed at a teacher and another teacher 'caught' me swearing. I had to sit in detention all day when I wasn't even swearing. Stupid teacher.
I got in detention for not going to an after school club
Wearing red socks.

Gotta be black. :fuhrer:
closed a door with my foot, my shoes weren't dirty, but anyway, I closed the door with my foot, then the teacher told me to clean the door.
Original post by SeanFM
Detention in art class because my artwork wasn't good enough so I had to redo it :cry2:

This is silly; is it even possible to art wrong? :P #Moooose
Reply 18

Well I left school many years ago, but one thing I remember is me and my friends went into the unlocked drama studio during lunch time and we were just running around in there for fun
Then this old posh drama teacher came in and we hid behind the black curtains and it was terrifying when she was approaching us because we could hear her footsteps and she was saying things like "I know there is someone there" but she decided to turn back and instead locked us in there as a type of "punishment". So then we went out through the fire exit whilst one of the other teachers were looking through the door at us and we got into even more trouble for that. It was such a stupid thing like we had to write statements about it and everything.

Another time this dinner lady always singled out me and my friends for not putting our chairs away even though no one else ever did. So she reported me specifically to the head teacher because she accused me of smirking at her when I never did? So I got a type of detention for it with her and the angry head questioned me about it and I was like I honestly don't smirk at her?? Then she inspected my face and concluded that it was just that my "natural facial expression looks like a smirk" lmao. That was dumb.

For not saying anything. My friend was sitting next to me and he swore, then I got in trouble for nothing when I denied as well. Stupid teachers they all think we sound alike.

Quick Reply