The Student Room Group

What is the dumbest thing that you have been punished for in school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
I dyed my hair red and went to mcdonalds. Otherwise i never misbehaved my entire time at school.

Very machiavellian of you Claire! :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
Very machiavellian if you Claire! :tongue:

I know:P The first time I dyed my hair, i went a bit far with it and school made me change it back with their stupid need to get us conform with their ugly uniformity rules:P
It was in music class. My friend and I were talking at class and I was saying her something "Probably...." Then the teacher come to us and interrupted us and told me to stand up and sing. The punishment was to sing the song "It's Probably Me" because Sting was the favourite singer of my teacher.
Original post by claireestelle
I know:P The first time I dyed my hair, i went a bit far with it and school made me change it back with their stupid need to get us conform with their ugly uniformity rules:P

:unimpressed: that's no good!
I got told off for giving my rubber to a fellow student and saying thank you when they gave it back
It was silent working
I had to stay in at break for 2 seconds
Stupid art teacher :colonhash: I was just being polite!
Original post by iEthan
:unimpressed: that's no good!

My school uniform made us look like bumblebees and we used to colour our trainers in with sharpies as we had to have completely black shoes. Many people went as far as burning their uniforms when year 11 was over:P
This wasn't me, but in Year 13 a classmate of mine got in trouble for having tights that showed too much skin through them -- despite the girl sitting next to her having even more revealing tights. When the first girl complained, she was told "we're not talking about [name's] tights, we're talking about YOUR tights."

Kind of daft considering my sixth form didn't even have a dress code.
Reply 67
i never used to wear my blazer bc it was so unfashianble so i used to wear a cardigan and got in trouble ALL the time for it :lol:
I always got told off for selling stuff... and throwing stuff
I once got in trouble for 'lying' because my maths teacher didnt believe me when i said I'd done extra maths work in my own time. When I brought said work in the following day she accused me of having only completed it to get away with lying
Suspended three times.

1. Smoking - I don't smoke.
2. Drug dealing - I literally just spectated as someone sold someone else an oxo cube.
3. Not picking up someone else's muffin wrapper when asked.
Reply 71
Laughing. In History class with everyone on PCs doing an interactive tour of Auschwitz - it was nothing to do with that, but the teacher, for whatever reason, assumed the worst. Was generally bollo*ked for not taking such a serious thing seriously and then disallowed from sitting with the same person again.
in cooking this boy said my fries tasted like "flaccid fries" so i punched him in the neck and i got an hour detention wtf
Original post by OvergrownMoose
I wrote an essay that was too long and the teacher didn't want to read it... :angry: #Moooose

Oh god I was once blamed by all the boys for climbing into the ceiling in the toilets (if that makes sense), the ceiling was made of white square cardboard's and I kept telling them it wasn't me but they wouldn't believe me luckily they didn't charge me for any of the costs.
Also another time in secondary school I was handing out text books and there was one girl who didn't get one as we were one short, I can't remember exactly what she said but she kicked me in my leg and started throwing her arms at me and than started CRYING. I had never been so annoyed in my life, I was than sent to the vice headteachers office and asked to write a letter of what happened, of course the vice headteacher took the girls side and I was suspended for 2 days. When I went to school people called me a sissy :/
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I got told off for giving my rubber to a fellow student and saying thank you when they gave it back
It was silent working
I had to stay in at break for 2 seconds
Stupid art teacher :colonhash: I was just being polite!

Don't be so polite Cheese, gosh :wink: #Moooose
Don't be so polite Cheese, gosh :wink: #Moooose

Alright
Next time I'll give em a fight :colone:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Alright
Next time I'll give em a fight :colone:

I mean, it's a bit odd giving boring a rubber from a fellow student - it doesn't really seem like the time or place... :wink: #Moooose
I mean, it's a bit odd giving boring a rubber from a fellow student - it doesn't really seem like the time or place... :wink: #Moooose

Art teacher smh :hand:
A three minute detention for being one minute late to a science lesson after getting lost on my first day of secondary school.
Detention for wearing unsensible shoes - Dr Martens shoes.

Quick Reply

Latest