The Student Room Group

The Official Nintendo Switch Thread!

Scroll to see replies

To me this is the 1st big reveal, besides actually acknowledging it lol.
I'm defo gonna watch it though :biggrin:
[video="youtube;f5uik5fgIaI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI[/video]

:excited:
Reply 22
[video="youtube;3c6MWsEE884"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c6MWsEE884[/video]

Introducing, the Nintendo Switch.

It looks incredible and Skyrim on a handheld, Skyrim remaster alone gives me a little more hope for Red Dead Redemption 2.
Reply 23
>portable Monster Hunter 5 and Pokemon with HD graphics
sold
Reply 24
I don't even know what to say, it just looks superb, seems to have solid 3rd party support as well. Just waiting to see if the Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer will have a Nintendo Switch logo next to Xbox One and PS4.
Original post by Slowbro93
[video="youtube;f5uik5fgIaI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI[/video]

:excited:

I SAW THIS ON tWITTER IT LOOKS SO COOL
Reply 26
Anyone know how I can change the thread title? Feel I should add Nintendo Switch into the title now we know what its called.
It looks pretty ****ing awesome I've gotta say. Has a lot of developers backing it aswell. Looking forward to picking one up when it's released next year :biggrin:
Nintendo Switch is certainly a better name than Wii/Wii U god bless. Actually looks pretty impressive. My boyfriend is planning to buy one at launch. I'll be waiting until either a new Animal Crossing or a multiplayer game I won't want to miss out on the hype of is released. :smile:

It's the most normal controller in a decade, god bless. The joy-con (am I the only one who thinks this sounds like a sex toy!?) is still gimmick-y but it looks less awkward than the Wii remote, and while I liked the gamepad it had a lot of bulk to it while the handheld screen for this looks sleeker.
Reply 29
I actually thought the joy-con was a fan thought up name before I saw it on Nintendo's website, bit of a weird name but oh well.

I actually hope this is Nintendo's only console for the next few years, imagine being able to play Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and all the other great games from Nintendo (and whatever third parties stick around past year one) on the go and at home, all on one console. The normal controller looks pretty good too, hoping its going back to analogue triggers as opposed to digital (ala Wii U).
Original post by Robbo-92
Anyone know how I can change the thread title? Feel I should add Nintendo Switch into the title now we know what its called.

I can do it for you provided you have a title in mind :smile:
Original post by Robbo-92
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504?ref_src=twsrc %5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr %5Etweet

It's actually happening, Nintendo is finally showing the NX off, just a 3 min trailer for the first reveal, hopefully we'll get a direct on Friday or early next week showing off games we'll be playing around launch.

I'm a little bit excited!

[video="youtube;3c6MWsEE884"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c6MWsEE884[/video]

Nintendo Switch, first look at it (spoiler, it looks great!)

That does look kinda cool.
Reply 32
I can do it for you provided you have a title in mind :smile:

Well do you just want to have it as the Official Nintendo Switch Thread? I can always make the original post a bit more in depth unless someone else wants to make the official thread?
I saw in that veil at least 3 games I want to buy maybe even 4 the concept is ace and looks really well implemented and the graphics also look so much better than the wii u defiantly rival the PS4 (which is a good thing i really can't wait for some more news dealing whats available on release
I'd be more up for the Nintendo Switch if I didn't have Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 already... and I never go outside...

But it looks cool. If a little gimmiky.
Well my wallet is gonna to suffer :tongue:
Looks really cool, but it will be interesting to see how they balance the system's power with battery life. A laptop would blitz through its entire battery after about a couple of hours of playing Skyrim, and this is something the size of a small tablet. Hopefully they find a way of making it work without compromising performance.
Reply 37
Well my wallet is gonna to suffer :tongue:

Cheers for the title change, I'll update the op later on when I've let all the news soak in! :smile:
Looks terrible tbh, but the third party publisher support is good. I'm interested to see what the specs are.
Reply 39
Original post by NotNotBatman
Looks terrible tbh, but the third party publisher support is good. I'm interested to see what the specs are.

Well it's running on a custom Nvidia Tegra, with the GPU based on the same architecture as their top performing graphics cards (which I presume means it's Pascal based). I suppose the overall power depends if there is anymore chips hidden in the dock.

Quick Reply

Latest