The Student Room Group

Why am I here?

More than a month into my first year at uni and thinking what have I actually learned? Truthfully the answer is nothing. Is the year ahead going to bring some knowledge and is it worth staying?
Some uni's don't bother to teach you unfortunately. You need to do a lot of your own study in order to get by sometimes
Original post by ls241675
More than a month into my first year at uni and thinking what have I actually learned? Truthfully the answer is nothing. Is the year ahead going to bring some knowledge and is it worth staying?

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had that experience so far. However, stick at it. You may find that you start to pick up some knowledge that you didn't previously have and you'll have a fantastic time!

However, sometimes you'll just stumble across a course that doesn't have good lecturers and won't teach well! However, do remember that university is hugely about independent learning and the lectures and seminars are usually just starting points and you're intended to further your knowledge from there - but if they aren't even giving you that, then I understand completely!

Good luck, I hope your experience improves! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest