The Student Room Group

Where to report religious hatred to authorities?

There has been a growing movement against the self-styled 'dawah man', aka imran ibn mansour, who has spread viscious and callous secterianism against other sunni's as well as shia's on his videos.

He has already been banned from visiting UK universities, but i am wondering, given the very toxic direction his videos are taking - not merely a criticism of a theology, but bringing in things like murder, 'sitting next to the filthy shias', are there any relevant authorities by which i can report this to?

The report would ideally be co-signed by christians, sunnis, shias, jews, among other groups, as well as video evidence material of not just refuting theology, but inciting hatred towards members of a certain religion/ideology.

His videos and rhetoric brainwash many, and unfortunately, can create grave instability, chaos, and hatred here in the UK.

If this isn't possible, are there any news organisations that could possibly be approached?

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Radical preacher at Islamic charity event promotes extremism Undercover footage shows a preacher called Dawah Man making apparently anti-Semitic remarks and offering jihadists his blessing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11419088/Radical-preacher-at-Islamic-charity-event-promotes-extremism.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
[video="youtube;w5M3xMDfT6w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5M3xMDfT6w[/video]
if his material extends into terrorism then there is a hotline to report it:
call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
if his material extends into terrorism then there is a hotline to report it:
call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.

Great, thank you for this.
Whilst you are on the line, can you also report Ammar Nakshawani for saying Sunnism fundamentally preaches terrorism and for promoting sectarianian bigotry against Sunnis pls xx

[video="youtube;HF3IdsL7GbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF3IdsL7GbA[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Zamestaneh
Whilst you are on the line, can you also report Ammar Nakshawani for saying Sunnism fundamentally preaches terrorism and for promoting sectarianian bigotry against Sunnis pls xx

I don't recall sayed ammar inciting his followers to go and wage jihad in syria agains the filthy 'rafidha'.

Find me a single time Dawah man refers to shia's as 'our brothers'?

Sayed Ammar refers to sunni's as 'our brothers', even at times where he disagree's with them. He accepts sunni shia marriages, and believes in discussing and agreeing to disagree. He believes in shia sunni unity, not at the cost of compromising belief, but sitting with one another, loving and having brotherhood and tolerance.

Frankly, it would be absolutely disingenuous comparing Sayed Ammar , with Dawah Man.

Furthermore, as someone who has actually watched every single lecture he has pretty much done, who has actually met him, i can't say i agree on everything he says.

However, please don't misintepret what he said about Ibn Taymiyyah, to be about sunni islam in general. He rightly sources Ibn Taymiyyah as a source of terrorism in the world today. He didn't say 'sunni islam' either. But rather, one radical thinker, who has refuted not only shia's, but scores of sunni's as well.

‘’Ibn Taymiyyah said about the Rafidhah[i.e shia muslims], “They are more evil than most of the people of desires, and they are more deserving of being killed than the Khawarij. (Majmoo’ul-Fataawaa 28/482)’

Ofcourse, Al Nusra, Daesh and other takfiri-type groups clearly telling the world they follow Ibn Taymiyyah, clearly spouting the same exact line as Ibn Taymiyyah's fatwah, aren't at all influenced by him, - or is that clearly incorrect?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7

And here he is, sharing the platform with a sunni sheikh, making it clear that it isn't sunni islam, nor shia islam that 'promotes' or 'preaches' terrorism:

[video="youtube;dL_h9nx9I4s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL_h9nx9I4s[/video]
Reply 8
xx

And i don't recall sayed ammar encouraging people from Britian to enter Syria and wage Jihad either. [Watch the video where Dawah man does so].
Bro this is tantamount to throwing a tantrum. And it doesn't befit you.
I dislike the self styled dawah man, and I'm sure the authorities are far more aware of him than you.
Reply 10
What do you think of his new series 'reality of the shia' lol
the uk police arnt interest in islamically driven intollerance im afraid and certainly not age old sectarian violence of the shia-sunni hatred. i doubt they even knew it existed. the fact that an a sunni muslim travelled 300 miles to murder an ahmadi muslim caught uk authorities completly on the hop, whereas anyone with any sort of knowledge of islamic communities know this sort of intollerance and violence is the norm in other places

the Dawah man, like others is a known figure of ridicule on the net for some time - whats more concerning form your link is that there are so many registered charities actively using funds to spread hatred and incitement to murder - in this report both islamic charities and those with links to the far right, as is quoted
(edited 7 years ago)

or just direct them to tsr isoc, where they can view all of this in one go
Original post by Tawheed
Find me a single time Dawah man refers to shia's as 'our brothers'.

Sayed Ammar refers to sunni's as 'our brothers', even at times where he disagree's with them. He accepts sunni shia marriages, and believes in discussing and agreeing to disagree. He believes in shia sunni unity, not at the cost of compromising belief, but sitting with one another, loving and having brotherhood and tolerance.

Frankly, it would be absolutely disingenuous comparing Sayed Ammar , with Dawah Man.

Furthermore, as someone who has actually watched every single lecture he has pretty much done, who has actually met him, i can't say i agree on everything he says.

However, please don't misintepret what he said about Ibn Taymiyyah, to be about sunni islam in general. He rightly sources Ibn Taymiyyah as a source of terrorism in the world today. He didn't say 'sunni islam' either. But rather, one radical thinker, who has refuted not only shia's, but scores of sunni's as well.

‘’Ibn Taymiyyah said about the Rafidhah[i.e shia muslims], “They are more evil than most of the people of desires, and they are more deserving of being killed than the Khawarij. (Majmoo’ul-Fataawaa 28/482)’

Ofcourse, Al Nusra, Daesh and other takfiri-type groups clearly telling the world they follow Ibn Taymiyyah, clearly spouting the same exact line as Ibn Taymiyyah's fatwah, aren't at all influenced by him, - or is that clearly incorrect?

It is not necessary for one to do so. On the contrary, as much as I disagree with Dawah Man on some things and how he goes about doing then, I actually respect that he is clear in his positions rather than sly and offers brotherhood with one hand and then stabs in the back with the other like Ammar; I would condemn DM for saying things like 'dirty Rawafidh', though.

In one of his recent Muharram lectures (which you must have seen), he doesn't refer to Ibn Taymiyyah - in fact he specifically mentions that he will go back to where Islam diverged and mentions various Sahabah and other early figures in his attack on Sunni beliefs saying that these figures are the source of Islam's link to terrorism.
This lecture has been used by Ammar as a sectarian ploy to distort Islamic history and tactically align Sunni Islam fundamentally with terrorism, and it can hardly be considered an 'academic difference of opinion arrising from our different sources' - it manipulates the unlearned amongst the congregation to equate Sunnism with extremism as well as being an attempt to distance Shia from their 'brothers' in the eyes of Westerners and others and make Shi'ism out to be the misunderstood true face of Islam but in the most underhand way possible.

By doing such a thing, Ammar had promoted the same sectarianism which you oft criticise - why would any Sunni want to call him or those who buy his false narratives and half truths with my 'brother'?

In an increasingly sectarian and Islamaphobic time, would you not agree that the lecture he gave was extremely irresponsible? He is pretty much saying "Yes, the Islamaphobes and bigots are correct, Islam does encourage terrorism; oh but it's Sunni Islam - us Shia are the victims too", which would ultimately cause the bigots to attack Islam more so in general, not just Sunnism. Sure, he doesn't call Sunnis 'filthy Najdis' but there is more to fear in the long run from the words of Nakshawani than DM's - an increase in bigotry, more sectarian hatred amongst Sunni and Shia in the UK, increasing suspicion of Muslims etc; DM on the other hand is more openly sectarian, but ultimately he has less of a following and is already widely criticised by tonnes of Muslims anyway, so relatively he is a nobody in comparison to Ammar.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by HAnwar
What do you think of his new series 'reality of the shia' lol

Very volatile, very sectarian, and it is done in a very callous manner. His latest video promotes the idea that shia's want to kill sunni's. It was really that bad.

Not to mention referring to respected, modern day sheikhs as 'dirty, filthy rafidha' [in remark to the salafi sheikh who sat next to the shia one in the discussion].

Ofcourse, he is okay hugging Sikhs himself.

He has rattled and offended many salafi's, and also sunni's, and at the moment is frightened, and seeks to try and regather some support by bashing shia muslims.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Al-farhan
Bro this is tantamount to throwing a tantrum. And it doesn't befit you.
I dislike the self styled dawah man, and I'm sure the authorities are far more aware of him than you.

I have evidence of him promoting people to visit and wage jihad in Syria [video shown], as well as the fact some of his latest video's have subtly encouraged a physical jihad against shia muslims, in his very sectarian 'the reality of the shia', which incites nothing more than religious and at times, racial hatred.

I want him banned from every UK university, and i want to ensure the authorities, news organisations and even government monitor what he is doing, particularly in light of his latest video.

Many sunni's have accused him of being absolutely careless and ridiculous in how he portrays or communicates his message. His latest video on 'shia's killing', is one such morose example, which actually frightened me to the core.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
And here he is, sharing the platform with a sunni sheikh, making it clear that it isn't sunni islam, nor shia islam that 'promotes' or 'preaches' terrorism:

The below quote is in reference to a recent lecture by ammar (which hastily was removed and content id blocked on youtube channels.)
-The entire lecture was an open attack, discrediting and mockery of Sunni scholarship, history and the creed of Ahlus Sunnah, irrelevant of which school of jurisprudence, theology, manhaj or tareeka. Essentially, according to Nakshwani, Sunnis are either knowingly or unknowingly prone to being "terrorist sympathisers" and apologists for mindless barbarity due to their reverence of figures such as Abu Bakr, Umar, Khalid bin Waleed, Amr bin Aas and Mu'awiyya (may Allah be pleased with them all).- Lastly, the entire lecture was a clear attack and belittlement of the blessed (but not perfect) institution of Khilafah.
-Nakshwani ultimately "identifies" Abu Bakr (radiallahu anhu) as the founding father of "violent terrorist radical Islam".
-
- Nakshwani describes Abu Bakr and Companions such as Khalid ibn Walid, Amr bin Aas and Mu'awiyya (may Allah be pleased with them all) as "henchmen" and "thugs", comparing them to the regimes of Saddam, Ghadafi, Mussolini, Stalin and Hitler.

When people try to hide their true beliefs and preach openly one thing, then in private preach another. Doesn't bode well for reliability and honesty.

I would have liked to have seen the lecture and judge it for myself, but alas ammar or his associates thought best to block wide circulation of the lecture.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
I have evidence of him promoting people to visit and wage jihad in Syria [video shown], as well as the fact some of his latest video's have subtly encouraged a physical jihad against shia muslims, in his very sectarian 'the reality of the shia', which incites nothing more than religious and at times, racial hatred.

I want him banned from every UK university, and i want to ensure the authorities, news organisations and even government monitor what he is doing, particularly in light of his latest video.

Many sunni's have accused him of being absolutely careless and ridiculous in how he portrays or communicates his message. His latest video on 'shia's killing', is one such morose example, which actually frightened me to the core.

if you want to meet idiots like this personally, take a hidden camera and go to speakers corner in hyde park - many of them used to hang out there ( if they ant already under police surveillance)
Reply 18
WHats the point of reporting him lol. i doubt the authorities would do anything. At first i liked him but then he started hating on scholars who are more knowledgeable than him.
Reply 19
Original post by Al-farhan
x.

x.

Just to know where we all stand here, and i will inshAllah respond to your posts individually, are we in agreement that the following fatwah is to be condemned?

Neither of you actually agree with him? This is , in my eyes, a simple yes or no. Any answer in-between is as problematic as a yes, i agree.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest