The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University Applicants Thread 2017

Hi all, I realised there isn't an Official City University Applicants thread for the 2017 entry so here it is!

What course do you want to study at City University?
Have you got any offers yet? If yes, what is your offer?
What are you currently doing at A-Level (or equivalent)?
What grades are you predicted?

Anyone applying to City, University of London, please share what course you want to study and if you've received any offers yet!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
considering you started the thread, why didnt you answer your question :wink:

anyway - I will be applying for Computer Science (4 years but might do 5 with a year in placement)
I have not sent my application off fully yet so I haven't received any offers but I've also applied to Imperial, UCL, King's College and Loughborough.
I Got AAAB in my AS, Maths, Further Maths, ICT, Physics.
I am predicted A*AB doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

Edit - I didn't think about you not being an applicant
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I got an offer for maths and finance, AAB or BBB if firmed
Reply 3
Original post by Z13
I got an offer for maths and finance, AAB or BBB if firmed

Did you get an acknowledgement email? Haven't got one yet
Reply 4
Anyone got an offer for Actuarial Science yet?
Reply 5
Original post by CemG
considering you started the thread, why didnt you answer your question :wink:

anyway - I will be applying for Computer Science (4 years but might do 5 with a year in placement)
I have not sent my application off fully yet so I haven't received any offers but I've also applied to Imperial, UCL, King's College and Loughborough.
I Got AAAB in my AS, Maths, Further Maths, ICT, Physics.
I am predicted A*AB doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

Edit - I didn't think about you not being an applicant

I'm a graduate :rofl: But sure..

I did Computer Science. City University was my insurance with a BBB offer. I missed out on both my firm and insurance as I had a BBC but City still let me study there :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Nl1998
Did you get an acknowledgement email? Haven't got one yet

I didnt get an acknowledgment email like all my other unis, just got an offer about a week or 2 after I sent off my application
Reply 7
Anyone else applied for law? I have a conditional offer of 29 IB points. :smile:
Reply 8
Hi. It's like 3 am
I got an offer of AAA today/yesterday for Accounting and Finance or AAB if I firm it (which makes no difference to me honestly)

I'm predicted A*A*A with appalling AS grades. Plus I take Art.
never got an acknowledgement email

Hope this relieves the nerves of anyone reading.
Reply 9
When did you apply?
Reply 10
Original post by Nc_x
When did you apply?

sent off Oct 21st
I've just sent of my application for Financial Economics at City, along side Sheffield, Brunel and Manchester Met.

A - Level Predictions : Maths A, Physics A and Chemistry C

How long should I expect to wait for a reply?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Economist1999
I've just sent of my application for Financial Economics at City, along side Sheffield, Brunel and Manchester Met.

A - Level Predictions : Maths A, Physics A and Chemistry C

How long should I expect to wait for a reply?

If your college/sixth form has confirmed it then maybe a week? I honestly think it depends on how busy their admissions team is. Could even take a few months
Going to apply for computer science with games technology. Got a condtional offer of ABB. Studying ICT, Psychology and History. Honestly dont know how they offered me a place seeing as i only do 1 technical subject 😂😂
Reply 14
Original post by AminaNessa
Going to apply for computer science with games technology. Got a condtional offer of ABB. Studying ICT, Psychology and History. Honestly dont know how they offered me a place seeing as i only do 1 technical subject 😂😂

I don't think you need to have technical subjects. However I did think that maths would be required.
Reply 15
Im applying for radiography but only studing 2 alevels an as and an epq
Im predicted AB in my a2
An A in my as
Is it worth applying
Waiting over three weeks for an offer from City :'(, applied for Media...
Original post by wifty
Anyone else applied for law? I have a conditional offer of 29 IB points. :smile:

I did! I have a conditional offer from both city and brunel, I'm waiting for King's, but if they don't accept me then I'm rooting for city :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by fede rica
I did! I have a conditional offer from both city and brunel, I'm waiting for King's, but if they don't accept me then I'm rooting for city :smile:

I applied for King's as well. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by wifty
I applied for King's as well. Good luck! :smile:

Well, good luck to you too! :biggrin: may I ask you if you already did the LNAT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending