The Student Room Group

Frontline Social Work online interview

Has anyone done the online interview for the 2017 cohort?
Original post by Beth1964
Has anyone done the online interview for the 2017 cohort?

Hi Beth

I haven't done mine yet but I'm going to do mine tomorrow morning so I'll let you know how it goes!

Let me know how you get on!

Gemma.
Reply 2
Original post by gemmaAkaMe
Hi Beth

I haven't done mine yet but I'm going to do mine tomorrow morning so I'll let you know how it goes!

Let me know how you get on!

Hi Gemma
I haven't done mine yet! Ive practiced a few times, hoping to get the time to do it today. !!
How did you get on?
Beth 😊
Reply 3
Hi Gemma - just about to bite the bullet and get it done. I'm not sure I could prepare any more even if I tried!!
Hope yours went well xx
Reply 4
oooooooooooooooooooo I just did it ........ I hope I haven't messed it up x
oooooooooooooooooooo I just did it ........ I hope I haven't messed it up x

I did mine! I completely messed up the first question but the others weren't too bad... I probably over prepared and then didnt say what I wanted to say, I'm not feeling too optimistic :frown:!! Hopefully they'll see how passionate we are!

How did you find it?
(edited 7 years ago)
I did mine earlier on today and feel like I completely messed it up! I think I came across as really nervous and flustered 😫😫 not enough time to think and answer!
Original post by Boxerdog26
I did mine earlier on today and feel like I completely messed it up! I think I came across as really nervous and flustered 😫😫 not enough time to think and answer!

Don't worry! I fluttered for my first question, probably a bit for the second one too, they have to account for people being unnatural and different to what they would in person as the whole video interview idea takes away the interpersonal aspect of your communication. Well, this is what I hope! People aren't used to talking to a camera and are going to be nervous about it regardless of how much you practice! If they aren't taking this into consideration then they'll be missing out on some top social workers! Although I imagine they will be aware of us being nervous as it just means it matters to us!!

Good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
I did mine! I completely messed up the first question but the others weren't too bad... I probably over prepared and then didnt say what I wanted to say, I'm not feeling too optimistic :frown:!! Hopefully they'll see how passionate we are!

How did you find it?

Ditto Gemma - completely messed up first AND second question because I answered the second one in the first answer!!! I have JUST got the invite to the assessment centre! Have you heard back yet? xx
Ditto Gemma - completely messed up first AND second question because I answered the second one in the first answer!!! I have JUST got the invite to the assessment centre! Have you heard back yet? xx

Well done!! Did you get an email this evening? I'm not hopeful! Just don't feel like I answered them very well. Well done again :-) x
Reply 10
Original post by Boxerdog26
Well done!! Did you get an email this evening? I'm not hopeful! Just don't feel like I answered them very well. Well done again :-) x

I did the interview on Sunday afternoon and got the email a couple of hours ago. When did you do yours? I thought it was awful, but like you said, maybe they were looking for attitude and passion and communication skills rather than specific answers. Good luck, I hope you hear soon xx
Reply 11
Don't worry! I fluttered for my first question, probably a bit for the second one too, they have to account for people being unnatural and different to what they would in person as the whole video interview idea takes away the interpersonal aspect of your communication. Well, this is what I hope! People aren't used to talking to a camera and are going to be nervous about it regardless of how much you practice! If they aren't taking this into consideration then they'll be missing out on some top social workers! Although I imagine they will be aware of us being nervous as it just means it matters to us!!

Good luck.

Have you heard anything about assessment centre yet? It's all so nerve-racking! x
Hi ladies,

I am yet to do my video interview and am a bit apprehensive about the questions that might come up. Would you be able to give me a rough indication, please? Also, any tips for preparing?
Reply 13
Original post by yada.2016
Hi ladies,

I am yet to do my video interview and am a bit apprehensive about the questions that might come up. Would you be able to give me a rough indication, please? Also, any tips for preparing?

Really look through the competencies and think about scenarios, how you might react etc. Go with your gut instincts - be open and honest. Do loads of practice interviews - Frontline will have sent you a link and it really does help. Don't stress too much! It's a weird set-up but I think you are judged on how you cope with the strangeness of it too - don't forget that, as a social worker, you will find yourself in some unfamiliar situations. Be yourself!
That’s is so helpful- how many questions do they ask roughly? I hope you got on the programme

Quick Reply

Latest