The Student Room Group

post tonsillectomy hemorrhage AMA

Not sure if this is interesting to anybody, but I kinda want to let it out there anyway so if people do want to ask anything go ahead. It apparently happens to something like 2-5% of people so I guess it's kinda uncommon.
WARNING: This will be pretty gross so avoid reading it if you don't like blood!

I had a tonsillectomy a bit over a week ago and on tuesday I hemorrhaged. It started with a bit of bleeding and ended with me violently vommiting blood in A&E.
It was the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me and I honestly felt like I was dying. Since there was so much blood in my throat and everywhere else it was difficult to breathe and I don't think i've ever seen that much blood in my life.
Reply 1
I bet you had a bloody good time really.

Got any pets?
Reply 2
Original post by Davalla
I bet you had a bloody good time really.

Got any pets?

Haha. Well you got the bloody part right at least. :P
Got two lovely cats who were there to greet me when I finally went home. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure if this is interesting to anybody, but I kinda want to let it out there anyway so if people do want to ask anything go ahead. It apparently happens to something like 2-5% of people so I guess it's kinda uncommon.
WARNING: This will be pretty gross so avoid reading it if you don't like blood!

I had a tonsillectomy a bit over a week ago and on tuesday I hemorrhaged. It started with a bit of bleeding and ended with me violently vommiting blood in A&E.
It was the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me and I honestly felt like I was dying. Since there was so much blood in my throat and everywhere else it was difficult to breathe and I don't think i've ever seen that much blood in my life.

Oh no! That can't have been fun. How are you doing now?
can you still play tonsil tennis ?

:holmes:
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
can you still play tonsil tennis ?

:holmes:

I'd have to ask the doctor for my tonsils back first! :P
Reply 6
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Oh no! That can't have been fun. How are you doing now?

It really wasn't. I was kept in hospital for two days on an IV. Could hardly sleep but it helped me feel better. Doing okay now. Finally got some sleep at least. Just a bit scared that i'll start bleeding again, but i'm on tablets that should mean I don't. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest