The Student Room Group

Graduate with a Student Account

Hi all!So I graduated from Uni 2 years ago and still have a student account with Halifax. This was supposed to go after a year of graduating but nothing has happened, I still have my overdraft and never received a letter from them about this. I even went into the bank after I left Uni to tell them I had finished and ask if I needed to do anything

I'm just a little worried as i'm paying a large deposit so going into my overdraft again for the first time in a while, could they suddenly take away my overdraft? I also don't want them to turn around and say I owe them money for keeping my student account.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Should I tell them again that im not a student or just wait for them to get in touch with me? (I should be out of the overdraft post pay day!)
Original post by oliviaL
Hi all!So I graduated from Uni 2 years ago and still have a student account with Halifax. This was supposed to go after a year of graduating but nothing has happened, I still have my overdraft and never received a letter from them about this. I even went into the bank after I left Uni to tell them I had finished and ask if I needed to do anything

I'm just a little worried as i'm paying a large deposit so going into my overdraft again for the first time in a while, could they suddenly take away my overdraft? I also don't want them to turn around and say I owe them money for keeping my student account.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Should I tell them again that im not a student or just wait for them to get in touch with me? (I should be out of the overdraft post pay day!)

Can't answer your question directly but my experience with Natwest was they turned my account into a Graduate account with a maximum £500 interest free overdraft a couple of months after I graduated, also two years ago. Then a few days ago I got a letter saying it will be come a normal current account soon with only a £10 iinterest free overdraft. I say anything for this to happen, they just had my graduation date when I signed up for the account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending