The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
btw...REMO...u my Slough buddy!!! hehe...wow...so u finally decided on LSOP then i see!!!

:smile:
Reply 21
hey harpy,
yea ur slough buddy lol. i didn't decide. I got BBB and in chem I was 2 marks off an A so they put my on the waitin list and called me sayin i was accepted, i'm def goin to LSOP. so i'll see u there.
yea umm about accommdation. lolz. i'm lookin for one with my friend, cos we both couldn't get accommodation at the uni so were lookin nearby in london.
see u there harpy!! n when does it start??
Reply 22
i swear freshers is 27th and classes are 2nd oct
Reply 23
Remo
hey harpy,
yea ur slough buddy lol. i didn't decide. I got BBB and in chem I was 2 marks off an A so they put my on the waitin list and called me sayin i was accepted, i'm def goin to LSOP. so i'll see u there.
yea umm about accommdation. lolz. i'm lookin for one with my friend, cos we both couldn't get accommodation at the uni so were lookin nearby in london.
see u there harpy!! n when does it start??

YAAAAAAAY! see u there matey! im looking forward to it soo much! but i bet its gonna go soo quick tho! im glad u decided on lsop!
ermmm...i swear it starts 27th...but not 2 sure!!
Reply 24
Found the dates; Freshers starts on 28th September, and the course on 1st October.

EDIT: Attached is a scan of the 2007/8 LSOP Calendar.
Reply 25
Harp
YAAAAAAAY! see u there matey! im looking forward to it soo much! but i bet its gonna go soo quick tho! im glad u decided on lsop!
ermmm...i swear it starts 27th...but not 2 sure!!

def LSOP, wouldn't go anywhere else :biggrin: . frshers is 28th I checked but its thur 27th for international students. I was readin the pack they sent me ages ago and i'm gettin really scared, they said 40 hours study each week!!! i can barely do 10 at week!! :frown:
hey harp what u wearin to freshers??
theres gonna be so many ppl there i probably won't know you till november lol.

oh and harp, what u doin about accommdation. cos u liv in slough init same as me. i haven't found anything yet :frown: i'm gonna get the train for the first few weeks until i find a place. what u gonna do. on 28th freshers it says to be there at 9.15, dunno how i'm gonna wake up and get on the train before 8.30am. lol.
Reply 26
Remo, have you tried using the University of London Housing Services? You can check vacancies online at http://housing.london.ac.uk , you'll have to request the password from [email protected]

Hope thats helps.
Reply 27
Remo
def LSOP, wouldn't go anywhere else :biggrin: . frshers is 28th I checked but its thur 27th for international students. I was readin the pack they sent me ages ago and i'm gettin really scared, they said 40 hours study each week!!! i can barely do 10 at week!! :frown:
hey harp what u wearin to freshers??
theres gonna be so many ppl there i probably won't know you till november lol.

oh and harp, what u doin about accommdation. cos u liv in slough init same as me. i haven't found anything yet :frown: i'm gonna get the train for the first few weeks until i find a place. what u gonna do. on 28th freshers it says to be there at 9.15, dunno how i'm gonna wake up and get on the train before 8.30am. lol.

GUES HU I JUST FOUND ON FACEBOOK....U!!! hehe! :biggrin:
lol...i found you on the london school of pharm freshers '07 group! thought i recognised the user picture!!! :p:
ohhh...so 28th then..can't believe its only A DAY! so annoying! lol...40 hours...omg..and on top of that having to commute at first...and slough is actually quite a mission to do every morning and afternoon! im just getting worried because like i hope we dont miss out on the social side of things...!! lol...wearing to freshers..i dont know...wot r we going to do there? do we go out in the evening as well? i was thinkin casual...jus like jeans?! i was looking for flats to rent in central...i have found a few...! ermmm...if i find nething good ill let u know!...we shud meet b4 we start...like for lunch or something...would be good...make us feel less nervous!
talk to you soon
xx
freshers at LSOP is like any other normal day of the year
Reply 29
yea my friend that goes there said that all you do is sign papes.I might avoid it if its lame
Reply 30
So what happens with the few days between freshers day and the start of the course?
are you sure its not a weekend?
Reply 32
yea it is a weekend.
Reply 33
Ofcourse, lol.
Reply 34
Harp
GUES HU I JUST FOUND ON FACEBOOK....U!!! hehe! :biggrin:
lol...i found you on the london school of pharm freshers '07 group! thought i recognised the user picture!!! :p:
ohhh...so 28th then..can't believe its only A DAY! so annoying! lol...40 hours...omg..and on top of that having to commute at first...and slough is actually quite a mission to do every morning and afternoon! im just getting worried because like i hope we dont miss out on the social side of things...!! lol...wearing to freshers..i dont know...wot r we going to do there? do we go out in the evening as well? i was thinkin casual...jus like jeans?! i was looking for flats to rent in central...i have found a few...! ermmm...if i find nething good ill let u know!...we shud meet b4 we start...like for lunch or something...would be good...make us feel less nervous!
talk to you soon
xx

yea lol. i thought it was cos ur school was burnham. i just posted on ur wall.
yea we shouldmeet up, basically my friend whos also goin to LSOP is comin back from tnazania on 1 sept so i'm gonna meet up with her in uxbridge you should come too. i'll PM you about that. yea i was gonna wear jeans with a black smart top but then my friends says ppl wear pyjamas to uni so i shouldn't dress up too much. lol. i'm gonna go shoppin with a friend cos shes already bought all her uni clothes at bargain prices lol.
what do ppl wear to lectures n stuff??
also i'm gonna be commutin too i'm gonna get the straight train from uxbridge to russel square. where u getin the train from??

tc xxxxxxxxxx
Reply 35
yea i heard no one cares what they wear in uni. Just like normal clothes no over the topness
Reply 36
as an 'LSOPian' i thort i'd fill u lot all in...freshers week turns out2b a freshers day...n isnt that amazing but at the time you think its pretty cool n you get2 meet every1, but when you talk2 ur mates that go2 other unis u'll realise it wasnt all that buttt o well! n on the day they'll try n scare u in2 workin ure butts off n stuff n be on time an everythin n u'll find for the first half of the year u will but the 2nd half u wont coz u realise it doesnt count...ok mayb that was jus me bein lazy but u get ma point...n as4 dress code every1 will b in smart for like the first 3 weeks then after the 9 O'clok starts get2 u n u cant b botherd2 dress up anymore (n make sure u dress normal man! thers this one gyal in our yr that dresses up like a witch with bright red lipstik n nailpolish n stuf propa creepy)

n remo i commute with ma mate from around ure endz n trus me u cant go from uxbridge, no train from slough goes strait ther n the tube from uxbridge2 russel square wud take about an hour itself...as we tried all the quickest routes the best route wud b2 take a direct train from slough2 paddington n then bakerloo line to piccadily circus n then piccadily line4m ther2 russel sq. sounds long but it usually onli takes about half hour from slough station so it aint that bad.

hope that ansa's sum of ure questions n feel free2 ask more n i'll try n ansa wen i can
Reply 37
btw any of u lot study at slough gramma...?
Reply 38
Sukh21
btw any of u lot study at slough gramma...?

nope...im from burnham grammar :p:
Reply 39
Remo
yea lol. i thought it was cos ur school was burnham. i just posted on ur wall.
yea we shouldmeet up, basically my friend whos also goin to LSOP is comin back from tnazania on 1 sept so i'm gonna meet up with her in uxbridge you should come too. i'll PM you about that. yea i was gonna wear jeans with a black smart top but then my friends says ppl wear pyjamas to uni so i shouldn't dress up too much. lol. i'm gonna go shoppin with a friend cos shes already bought all her uni clothes at bargain prices lol.
what do ppl wear to lectures n stuff??
also i'm gonna be commutin too i'm gonna get the straight train from uxbridge to russel square. where u getin the train from??

tc xxxxxxxxxx

heeey...yeee got ur msg on my wall :p:
ermmmm..i just needa go shopping to get anutha pair of skinny jeans n thas it...! arhhh i REALLLI dnt wnna commute..i aint givin up on lukin to rent...! lol!
yeee...thatll b gud..tell me nearer the tym wen u guys meet and it will be gud b4 we go to lsop...!
ermmm...i was thinkin of jus goin from slough to paddington...do it that way round!
neways...ill tlk 2 u soon...tell me wen u meet ur other m8 in uxbridge
xxxxxxx