The Student Room Group

Who would you like to thank?

Throughout life, you meet some not so extraordinary people (cough cough trump) and some simply extraordinary ones, this thread is for the latter.

Initially this was a reply to the thread 'the most intelligent user on tsr' but I thought this came after a different heading after further thought, ergo this thread was created.

People help us in different ways: mental health, physical health, providing banter or otherwise

This is a thread to thank those that helped you

Without further ado, my nominees are

(I know some ppl I mention are no longer on here but in case they one day come back:h:)

@tamil fever for supporting me and mentioning me in threads,
@karmacrunch for being my first vm
@CoolCavy for being my 2nd vm and her strength despite her trials and tribulations
@The Rad Prince fro being my 3rd vm
cos parkour
@BookBird for being stunned at my first sig
@Zacken for all the amazing AS maths help and his continued aid to others in the mathematical world
@FrenchUnicorn and @ZuluK for being amazing friends and going through a lot with me
@ivy.98 a fellow dancer and a great human being overall
@CheeseIsVeg for the banter and random chats, she really takes the time to talk to people and actually get to know them
@ravioliyears for asking how I am even if when Ive been inactive for a while, also for inspiring me with her great strength despite medical difficulties
@XOR_ cos he'll probably be the first to reply
@the bear and @Plantagenet Crown for indirectly showing me how to get rep
@SeanFM for being awesome but also for telling me shanes long is on fire for the 100th time, where does one get a pocket penguin eh?
@sfaraj for treasuring the memes I made her
@TheOtherSide for showing me all the puns
@UWS my asian brother from another mother
@boss rhythm (cant seem to tag?) my brother from another father and letting me be his best man and stealing all his ladies
@Foo.mp3 for showing me his knowledge about relationships and general info
@Matrix123 for being one of my first friends on my one of my first threads, face palm for me tho as I thought you were a guy for like 2 months
@iEthan for removing trolls and asking his trademark question about breakfast on AMAs
@iEthan's Mum for raising iethan
@theunkown (with the funny lines, I have NO IDEA how to tag you) for having the most interesting convos
@Bluebutterfly310 for keeping her optimism despite only seeing someone they love so dearly only rarely
@fatima1998 for playing the best sport in the world with me @greatguy1000 for showing me true determination
@saraxh for the world of dance love and introducing me to alexis ren
@animeamanda1412 for that gif life
@Alexion for the cri every tim, liek if you do
@RobML for showing me how not to flirt with girls
@AwesomeGenius for showing me how not to flirt with girls (advanced techniques)
@Saba XD as a pity mention (Ijk you know what I mean)
@pity_girl as a pity mention
@TheonlyMrsHolmes for thinking of me when she went through hard times,I hope things are better now
@retro_turtles for an extremely intriguing name
@DarkEnergy for quoting and crediting my posts
@BlueBlizzard for calling me hilarious
@Airmed for appreciating my humour
@woodymkc for that bicep

other mentions:
@stephenchbosky for directing the perks of being a wallflower-a simply amazing film
@robertdowneyjr for showing me its possible to be a gentleman, flamboyant, somewhat edgy, confidence, funny and successful all at once
@chainsmokers, @swaggytracks, @proximity and all the other artists on my almost 1000 song playlist for providing the initial and continuing confidence I needed in life, I enjoy every second of the ~5hours a days of music I listen to everyday

and yes, this is one of my rare posts without memes

(please dont be offended if I didnt mention you, the best things escapes ones mind as they are rushing and Im rushing to watch the apprentice :lol: )
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Reply 2
Forever appreciating humour against the trolls. :colonhash:
Reply 3
I like to thank everyone [in advance] for giving me reps :biggrin:

And of course in the past :woo:
All my friends, past and present. You've helped me grow so much as a person. Thank you. There's way too many to list, and I've got work to hand in tomorrow, so you know who you are :biggrin: Love you guys x
Ahhh :heart:
Reply 6
The fact that I keep getting pity mentions. :rofl:
Reply 7
That feeling when the OP has tagged in the whole of TSR, except you.
:colonhash:
I'd like to thank the dudes that rep my totally unproductive first page rep-whore posts, you guys are the best
Original post by ForestShadow

(please dont be offended if I didnt mention you, the best things escapes ones mind as they are rushing and Im rushing to watch the apprentice :lol: )

I wish I could double rep:frown:
I can't seem to rep u.

I actually don't know why your thanking me.What I did was immensely little.But the inspirational quotes that u posted for me were amazing and had an massive impact on my day and life.You have given me and other people so much advice.You truly are amazing.There should be more caring and amazing people like you..The things I have done is insignificant compared to the things you have done for me and other people..You deserve the best in life.
Thank You ForestShadow and the people of TSR. You have restored my faith in humanity(especially at school where there are so many pessimistic ppl):biggrin:

Thanks, dude! :borat:
Reply 12
Original post by Davalla

@Davalla Thank you for being such a cool brother to me :h:
Original post by Davalla

I get what you mean.
@Saba XD for being le bestie obviously
Original post by UWS

PRSOM...
:rofl:
Original post by XOR_

Spoiler

please tell me this story about you and this dancing bunny and why you are thankful for them? :holmes: I insist on accounts of all the specifics :colone:

Original post by UWS

error 404 no reps received so far :tongue:

Original post by tamil fever
I wish I could double rep:frown:
I can't seem to rep u.
I actually don't know why your thanking me.What I did was immensely little.But the inspirational quotes that u posted for me were amazing and had an massive impact on my day and life.You have given me and other people so much advice.You truly are amazing.There should be more caring and amazing people like you..The things I have done is insignificant compared to the things you have done for me and other people..You deserve the best in life.

Thank You ForestShadow and the people of TSR. You have restored my faith in humanity(especially at school where there are so many pessimistic ppl):biggrin:

Evening Tamil :h:

I'll tell you why Im thanking you, but it starts with a question...or 2...

When one has done all that they can for oneself, what does one then do next?
When one has achieved the closest state to happiness or happiness itself, where does further joy arise from?

The answer to both these questions is others.
You saying that it made a massive impact to your life is amazing news to me because what does everyone want at the end of the day? To have made a positive difference...or at least thats what I want. Im glad I could give you a new perspective and that I influenced you so strongly, you deserve the best as well!

Sidenote: pessimistic people I can just about deal with, but stuck up people who think they can get away with stupid stuff just cos theyre popular (yknow the type)...theres no saving them :lol:
@UWS You have no idea how many reps I got by replying with 'PRSOM' to your comments :rofl:
But I genuinely like them. I'm not a rep thief, you know :ninja:
Original post by ForestShadow

Evening Tamil :h:

I'll tell you why Im thanking you, but it starts with a question...or 2...

When one has done all that they can for oneself, what does one then do next?
When one has achieved the closest state to happiness or happiness itself, where does further joy arise from?

The answer to both these questions is others.
You saying that it made a massive impact to your life is amazing news to me because what does everyone want at the end of the day? To have made a positive difference...or at least thats what I want. Im glad I could give you a new perspective and that I influenced you so strongly, you deserve the best as well!

Sidenote: pessimistic people I can just about deal with, but stuck up people who think they can get away with stupid stuff just cos theyre popular (yknow the type)...theres no saving them :lol:

wow.Mr Intelligent right here^ :biggrin:
maybe there is a way to save them...we just have to find the right "cure" and send them to Rehab:u:
@TheonlyMrsHolmes for marrying me when no one else would :kissing2:
@CoolCavy for trusting me and always being on my side:hugs:
@UWS for being a great new friend :love:
@999tigger for giving good advice and reminding me to buy food :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest