The Student Room Group

British Sikh guys, what do you think of stylish hijabis?

Ok so I have a crush on a Sikh guy and I really really lile him. But I'm afraid he wouldn't be into me as I wear hijab. Though, I dress westernised etc. People always tell me I'm pretty etc but Sikh guys, do you find stylish hijabi girls attractive? Or is it a put off? Should I approach this guy? And how? I'm confused.

Don't need no lectures from Muslims or non Muslims about how I should behave or shouldn't behave. My life, I'll do what I want. Get lost if all you want to do is judge. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Muslim girls aren't allowed to marry non-Muslim men. Don't call yourself a Muslim when you willingly dispute the Quranic teachings.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Muslim girls aren't allowed to marry non-Muslim men. Don't call yourself a Muslim when you willingly dispute the Quranic teachings.

Lol please get off anon first. Secondly, don't tell me what to do. Me into a Sikh guy shouldn't bother you as it doesn't affect you in anyway so calm it. Now go back and do the Islamic things for yourself. Peace.

My dad married a non Muslim and she was Christian - she converted after though so it is allowed when there are good intentions + it's her life don't judge her she can make her own decisions
Lol please get off anon first. Secondly, don't tell me what to do. Me into a Sikh guy shouldn't bother you as it doesn't affect you in anyway so calm it. Now go back and do the Islamic things for yourself. Peace.

Tbh a British Sikh guy might notbe into a hijabi as u are a representation of Islam and im sure they value religion so maybe he might not. Depends how open and modern he is but most Sikh guys dint seem to go for Muslims specially those who wear a scarf kus ur supposed to be respectful of that a d nit do stuff etc etc. Thats how its seen anyways. Not preaching to ya so dnt take it the wrong way plse :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah that might be a problem. :/ Traditional Sikhs tend not to like Muslims, but most of the Sikhs born here have no problem with them. He might be reluctant if he comes from a traditional family. But you'll never know if you don't approach him. It's pointless asking on here. Everyone is different, so they'll have a different answer.
Reply 7
Original post by PrincessBO$$

:wink: ain't got time for judgemental people. I only see humans, not the tags we use for them. My life, not others. About telling me what to do, like NO boy BYE.

Pot, kettle, black :lol:
A hijab gives off the impression that you don't want to be approached by guys who are not muslim or who don't want marriage. If that is not what you want guys to think then you have to talk to them to show them that your morals/beliefs are different to that. Or don't wear the hijab at all.
Nope
Tbh a British Sikh guy might notbe into a hijabi as u are a representation of Islam and im sure they value religion so maybe he might not. Depends how open and modern he is but most Sikh guys dint seem to go for Muslims specially those who wear a scarf kus ur supposed to be respectful of that a d nit do stuff etc etc. Thats how its seen anyways. Not preaching to ya so dnt take it the wrong way plse :smile:

Hmmm sad life :frown: I don't want to approach him if he won't be interested.
Original post by drowzee
Yeah that might be a problem. :/ Traditional Sikhs tend not to like Muslims, but most of the Sikhs born here have no problem with them. He might be reluctant if he comes from a traditional family. But you'll never know if you don't approach him. It's pointless asking on here. Everyone is different, so they'll have a different answer.

What do you mean by ''traditional"? I'm confused. Sorry :smile: He doesn't wear a turban so i don't know. How do I approach him in a way that he KNOWS I'm into him? We'll see what happens next but he needs to know I like him first lol. Will he not find me attractive or what? Like people have told me I'm pretty. I dunno. :/
Original post by College_Dropout
Nope

Even if she's attractive? Or what if she is a Musl but doesn't wear a hijab?
Original post by bluemadhatter
A hijab gives off the impression that you don't want to be approached by guys who are not muslim or who don't want marriage. If that is not what you want guys to think then you have to talk to them to show them that your morals/beliefs are different to that. Or don't wear the hijab at all.

Yeah I see where you're coming from :smile: don't think I'll take off my hijab for a guy tbh until and unless I want to take it off for myself. But yeah understandable. :smile:
Hmmm sad life :frown: I don't want to approach him if he won't be interested.

What do you mean by ''traditional"? I'm confused. Sorry :smile: He doesn't wear a turban so i don't know. How do I approach him in a way that he KNOWS I'm into him? We'll see what happens next but he needs to know I like him first lol. Will he not find me attractive or what? Like people have told me I'm pretty. I dunno. :/

I meant guys that aren't very westernised. Hm, flirt with him? That's the only way of (maybe) letting him know you like him, without directly asking him out. Although, some people aren't very good at picking up signs. I can't say whether or not he will find you attractive, because everyone is different.
Original post by drowzee
I meant guys that aren't very westernised. Hm, flirt with him? That's the only way of (maybe) letting him know you like him, without directly asking him out. Although, some people aren't very good at picking up signs. I can't say whether or not he will find you attractive, because everyone is different.

Wish me good luck because that's tough luck haha but thank you for your help. :smile:
If he is a religious Sikh he can't get serious with you, nor can you if your Muslim :/

Are you sure you aren't trolling? :s-smilie:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
If he is a religious Sikh he can't get serious with you, nor can you if your Muslim :/

Are you sure you aren't trolling? :s-smilie:

I don't actually know him properly so I don't know if he's religious but he doesn't wear a turban. Anyhow, I'm not that religious so its okay with me. Its stupid imo if religion comes between two people. And no, not trolling. Trust me. :smile:
I know christian guys who date muslim girls in hijabs. fact is if he likes you then he will like you as you are

i'm pretty sure sikh older women cover their heads themselves
im a 8.5/10 message me instead
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

love has no race or religion...

Quick Reply

Latest