The Student Room Group

A levels

Which is harder FP1 or C4?!
I'm in year 12 doing further maths, however at my school we do all 6 maths modules in the first year then all 6 further maths modules in the 2nd year although I've noticed on this thread most school do 3 modules of each in both year, but surely further maths modules are harder than maths modules?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say that FP1 was easier than C4, for Edexcel maths anyway :smile:It depends which modules you are doing as to which is more difficult though out of maths and further maths. Sure, FP2 and FP3 are going to be a little more challenging that the pure modules in normal maths but any applied modules you do should be of roughly the same difficulty I would have thought.
Original post by Cluster1
Which is harder FP1 or C4?!
I'm in year 12 doing further maths, however at my school we do all 6 maths modules in the first year then all 6 further maths modules in the 2nd year although I've noticed on this thread most school do 3 modules of each in both year, but surely further maths modules are harder than maths modules?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually its just that further modules require knowledge of some of the Maths modules eg I think FP1 requires C1 + C2 knowledge so as long as you do those first youll be fine :biggrin:

also id argue FP1 is easier than C2 tbh, It probably goes C1 -> FP1 -> C2 it terms of difficulty . FP1 is just a lot of new things eg complex numbers. Its not really too mathematically challenging or anything.

As the above said though and in my opinion Fp2 and Fp3 are both harder than C3 + C4. FP2 is quite a step up from FP1. (but they are A2 modules so dont worry about them just yet)

Of course this is just my opinion and so you might differ :biggrin:

As for your other maths modules and 2 further maths modules, just pick a bunch of Decision, Stats or Mechanics modules as they can be used for either maths or FM.

Quick Reply

Latest