The Student Room Group

Will i get to an alright Uni?!

I am in year 13 now and i am searching for Uni's with about CCC requirements but wish to aim higher. I achieved D in AS biology, E in AS maths, U in AS chemistry. The U in Chemistry i had a mind blank in the exam due to a lot of stress, added to a lot of younger year kids within our school shouting, swearing and getting pushed into the exam hall. This made the situation even and worse and does not reflect my overall work ethic throughout the year.
It was enforced by my head of year to drop chemistry and do EPQ and a BTEC. I convinced my teacher that i'll do business BTEC level 3 subsid diploma (which is usually a 2 year course) within 1 year and achieve a D*.
Anyway, i am working a lot harder this year and believe that if i keep it up i can get results that were a lot better than last year.
So now that i'm looking at Uni's and am wondering whether or not EPQ and my BTEC will count too much towards the grades needed. I would like advice on the following Uni's in terms of the my situation and general advice on what to do:

ALL BIOLOGY AT UNI
--------------------------------
Kent - BBB
Nottingham Trent - BBC
Hull - BBC (112 points)
Manchester Met - BBC-BCC (112 points)
Worcester - BCD (96 points)

Thanks for reading and in advance, thanks for any help at all. Sorry it was so long, looking forward to hearing advice :biggrin:
If you meet the entry requirements you will be fine. Work your way through every unis that offers an interesting course and make a list of places that will accept your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest