The Student Room Group

Writing a Biomedical science PS

Hi,

I am currently writing my biomedical science personal statement. I intend on using this degree for graduate entry medicine, is it ok to write this in my personal statement?
I wouldn't write that in your PS. Even though biomed then med is a very common route and unis are aware of this, I think it's best to emphasise why you're keen on studying biomed as a subject, not just as a stepping stone.
Original post by Going_To_California
I wouldn't write that in your PS. Even though biomed then med is a very common route and unis are aware of this, I think it's best to emphasise why you're keen on studying biomed as a subject, not just as a stepping stone.

Thank you for the reply! Would it look obvious that I wanted to do medicine as all my work experience and volunteering has been tailored for an application to study medicine.
Original post by Cyclosporin
Thank you for the reply! Would it look obvious that I wanted to do medicine as all my work experience and volunteering has been tailored for an application to study medicine.

Possibly, I know it's difficult as I was in the same situation trying to persuade that I volunteered in a hospital because I was so interested in the lab work that underpinned all the diagnostic tests :tongue:
I think you can still include work experience, but maybe frame it in a different way as a lot of the skills needed for medicine, e.g. teamwork, initiative are useful for other roles too.
Original post by Cyclosporin

It's fine. I did Med work experience and spun it around. I got 4 offers from decent unis.

Quick Reply

Latest