The Student Room Group

Financing post-grad study

Hello people,

I'm looking to do a masters in the UK, however the only thing holing me back is the funding for it.

The cost of the course is £8,500, however the maximum payment given by SFE is £10,000. Are there any other financial support packages available to help cover the cost of accommodation?

Obviously I would be working along side the course, however the cost of living in London far surpasses the amount I would be able to earn.

Thanks for any advice
Original post by conormaurice
Hello people,

I'm looking to do a masters in the UK, however the only thing holing me back is the funding for it.

The cost of the course is £8,500, however the maximum payment given by SFE is £10,000. Are there any other financial support packages available to help cover the cost of accommodation?

Obviously I would be working along side the course, however the cost of living in London far surpasses the amount I would be able to earn.

Thanks for any advice

This is a universal issue for everyone. The answer is that there is limited funding available, but you have to hunt for it, and where and what you can hunt for depends on your own circumstances, ie subject, nationality, age, gender, income, university etc.

You have to accept that finding funding is the first test of your research skills - Google is your friend!
You do not get money handed to you on a silver plate - you actually have to work for it. If you can't get everything you want through Student Finance then you will have to put the Masters on hold for a few years, find a full time job, and save up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending