The Student Room Group

Biology/Biological Sciences Offers

I recently sent off my UCAS application (as I'm applying to Oxford for Biological Sciences) and was wondering when I may start receiving offers from my chosen universities. Lots of my friends applying for courses such as Theology and English have already received an offer or two; do science based courses receive offers later than language based ones?
Has anyone else recieved offers for Biology yet? Let me know:smile:

(I have applied to Oxford, Bath, York, Edinburgh and Exeter).
Original post by CHudson_7
I recently sent off my UCAS application (as I'm applying to Oxford for Biological Sciences) and was wondering when I may start receiving offers from my chosen universities. Lots of my friends applying for courses such as Theology and English have already received an offer or two; do science based courses receive offers later than language based ones?

Well I've received an offer from Bristol for Zoology:smile:

I've applied to Oxford for Biological Sciences too! Which college have you chosen?:h:
Reply 2
I have also applied to Oxford to read biological sciences.

I received an offer from Edinburgh on 11th of October (Biological sciences [Biochemistry])
Look at this strong competition!:tongue: How intimidating:s-smilie:
Let's hope we all get offers from Oxford haha
Reply 4
Original post by JessicaApple
Look at this strong competition!:tongue: How intimidating:s-smilie:
Let's hope we all get offers from Oxford haha

Nah. The weakest Oxford applicant that you could have ever encountered.
I just noticed that we are all doing IB :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by CHudson_7

I have had an offer from Bath for Biology with professional placement from the 5th of October - I applied on the 25th of September to Cambridge, Durham, York, Bath and Exeter :smile: (Predicted grades: A* A* A*)
Reply 6
I've applied for biological sciences at Oxford too! I applied on the 4th and still haven't heard anything back from any unis yet :s-smilie: Currently doing A levels (predicted A*A*A) in a UK state school.

BTW anyone got any plans about what to do after graduating from a biosci degree? I love the sound of the degree and I'd like to go into research but money and hours aren't so great so I'm on the look out for any other ideas :tongue:

Original post by JessicaApple
Well I've received an offer from Bristol for Zoology:smile:

I've applied to Oxford for Biological Sciences too! Which college have you chosen?:h:

R U studying in an international school in HK since you're doing the IB? I used to study in SIS if you've ever heard of it :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest