The Student Room Group

Different courses in same personal statement?

Hi guys, I'm writing my personal statement and want it done asap but i have a problem. The unis i'm applying for have different but similar courses. Eg Edinburgh: Spanish and Portuguese, KCL: Spanish and Latin American Studies, or Leeds and Newcastle: Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies.

I can easily talk about Spanish and culture/ latin american studies since they will be part of each course at each uni. But what do I say about Portuguese? Do I include it or not? Thanks :u:
Original post by jamie067
Hi guys, I'm writing my personal statement and want it done asap but i have a problem. The unis i'm applying for have different but similar courses. Eg Edinburgh: Spanish and Portuguese, KCL: Spanish and Latin American Studies, or Leeds and Newcastle: Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies.

I can easily talk about Spanish and culture/ latin american studies since they will be part of each course at each uni. But what do I say about Portuguese? Do I include it or not? Thanks :u:

Contact Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle and explain that because Portuguese isn't an option at many universities your PS will be focused on Spanish & LA. Ask if that would be acceptable for the course you've applied for and if not whether they'll accept a short Portuguese PS sent to them directly.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Contact Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle and explain that because Portuguese isn't an option at many universities your PS will be focused on Spanish & LA. Ask if that would be acceptable for the course you've applied for and if not whether they'll accept a short Portuguese PS sent to them directly.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest