The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

IHEID Applicants 2017

Hello,
This is for everyone applying to the Graduate Institute, Geneva!
Let us connect and help each other!
Reply 1
I'm going to apply! I'm leaning toward ANSO but also considering the MDev program. What program are you looking at? What other universities are you considering?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I am applying for ANSO! Inbox me, we can talk more about it!
Reply 3
Hi all,

I'm applying as well, the IR program. How far into the process is everyone and when is your target for finalizing your application materials?
I'm submitting by in a few days! How about you?
Reply 5
Original post by prospectivegrad
I'm submitting by in a few days! How about you?

I'm aiming for this weekend, so in the next few days for sure! Did you happen to see a guideline for what they would want in the personal statement? Schools like SOAS and LSE had them but I didn't see any for IHEID.
No they didn't. But I emailed them and they said -

1. You are quite right, as in your motivation letter you should state the reasons why you want to pursue higher education, why at this institute and why you want to take a particular programme. You can definitely add how you think that your professional or personal experiences as well as future goals motivate your choice to apply here. I wouldn't suggest to write a general statement, because admission to our programmes is very competitive and it is important that candidates express the reasons why they want to study at our institute. A general statement wouldn't tell much about you, yet keep in mind that it's a combination of strong motivational letter, grades and letters of support from professors what constitutes a strong application.

Hope this helps!!
Reply 7
Oh my gosh you two are submitting so early! Have you heard that it definitely increases your chances of being admitted to apply so early? I'm aiming for next month.

Kara0913, are you also applying to LSE and SOAS?
Reply 8
Thanks for that, prospectivegrad--very useful! I think it's interesting that IHEID doesn't have a minimum required GPA, I wonder what the usual stats of offer holders are.

Amymbaum, that would definitely be great if it were the case! Yes, I'm applying to LSE, SOAS, and KCL. Top choices are LSE and IHEID.
Reply 9
Kara0913, what programs at LSE, SOAS and KCL are you applying to?
Original post by kara0913
Thanks for that, prospectivegrad--very useful! I think it's interesting that IHEID doesn't have a minimum required GPA, I wonder what the usual stats of offer holders are.

hey, did you submit? i am about to press the submit button and i am so so scared, it isnt even funny!
found this thread and hope it revives,
the results are going to come out in a few weeks, hopefully a few days..

i applied for mdev but i'm concerned whether i have to apply for a more specific major or not. since i'm interested in educatuion, i might as well apply for gse in the states this year..
Reply 12
How did people do? Has anyone been accepted to IHEID?

Quick Reply

Latest