The Student Room Group

Man pulls off Muslim woman's hijab in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
Wait. So if someone forcibly removes your clothing that makes you immodest now? Isn't modesty a personality trait, a behaviour, not a piece of clothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're probably stating that the clothing you wear reflects your modesty. I really don't get the obsession with modesty.
Original post by mojojojo101
Whats the big deal, just introducing these Muslim women to the tolerant and liberal society that they must intergrate into...

Same for gays yeah ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
yes plz

Well you are just an idiot tho.
Reply 143
Original post by mkap
lol dont get into a debate about it. my religon states its wrong for me to show my hair and i understand why

No, it is not in the Quran.
Original post by BigTraderBoi
It's called violent assault with racial/religious motivation. It is an incredibly shocking and hateful crime. How would you feel if someone pulled down your underwear in public?

The pedestal religion is placed upon in this world is not only mind-boggling but also severely detrimental to humanity.

So sad.
Original post by mkap
lol dont get into a debate about it. my religon states its wrong for me to show my hair and i understand why

Do you?

Do you feel like a sex object that needs to be covered up so as not to arouse feelings of desire in men?

Because if that is not it, then you don't understand your religion at all.
Original post by IMS2K17
The women that guard their modesty do not give a **** about your opinion.

Seems like they very much do. If they didn't, then they wouldn't need to cover up - they would know in their own heart they are being modest. They behave modest. But no, they need to show off their modesty to the public by certain clothing. So they actually give very many ****s on how people see them.
It's like the MacDonalds manager who pulled down a woman customer's trousers as a joke. He should not have done that without permission from the woman. If the hijab wearing woman agrees to having it pulled off as a joke, well fair enough, but she should be asked for permission first,. Otherwise, it should be one month in prison, same as the macdonald's manager got. While in prison the criminal should be made to clean and wash hijabs all day to compensate for the crime.Also damages should be paid at a rate of £500 per joke removal.
This was a terrible occurrence and obviously religiously motivated, but for those calling for the death penalty... seriously? It's not like they murdered someone lol

I think we all agree that this was bad, but you can't just demand people be killed for a relatively insignificant crime. It's not even equivalent to "pulling down people's trousers", as was alluded to earlier. And even if it was, do you honestly think that that is deserving of the death penalty? A warning and small fine is more than adequate... if they reoffend then maybe something like a short jail sentence should be considered.
Original post by mkap

So what about a MAN showing His Hair? What about hair on fingers? Is that immodest too? Or a hair on the inside of a nostril? Is all hair shown immodest? Or is it only head hair shown that is immodest and if so what? What about foot hair or arm hair? Or is EAR HAIR immodest? Is a dog immodest because it has hair? How about CAT HAIR?
good on him I wish there were more ppl like him in the world

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending