The Student Room Group

Best tablet to get?

I'm looking at getting a 7 inch tablet for university purposes (so I would be carrying it around to lectures and everything instead of using my laptop) and I'm willing to fork out around £200 for it. Does anybody have any recommendations because I don't even know where to start

Scroll to see replies

hudl :colone:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
hudl :colone:

Is this your tablet? What's it like?
Family tablet
The Nvidia Shield K1 is probably your best bet. It's marketing as a gaming tablet, but the top notch performance (for the price), high res display and stereo speakers make it equally great for day to day use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NVIDIA-SHIELD-K1-Processor-Additional/dp/B0171BS9CG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477067805&sr=8-1&keywords=shield+k1

hudl

Tesco have discontinued their Hudl line unfortunately.
lol now I feel old
lol now I feel old

It only happened in May, not too long ago :yep:
May was like 173 days ago :afraid:
Ah Gofre, that looks quite good, I agree. I have a gaming laptop already but I guess it couldn't hurt to have too much gaming power, could it?
Don't expect anything of the same calibre as a gaming laptop :ahee: It's a combination of the power and some gaming-specific features. In fact, if your gaming laptop has a compatible Nvidia graphics card, you can stream games to your tablet using the full power of your laptop.

https://shield.nvidia.co.uk/gamestream
Even better, thank you, I will consider it :biggrin:
I have a laptop but it cost over £1000 so I'm not particularly comfortable with taking it to lectures tbh. Tablets are more useful, you can't bring up lecture slides with pen and paper either
I'd suggest getting a new model (something that released in 2016), so that it will likely get updated to Android 7 (it has a dual screen feature-ideal for tabs), at your price range you will only get Android. If I were you I'd wait because Google might announce one soon, but it may be over your budget.

Alternatively just look on argos, I was on there a few days ago and came across some good 10" ones for less than £150 with 7" going for even lower.
Reply 13
I would get the iPad mini 2. Beautifully made, fast and built to last.
Original post by tg1998
I would get the iPad mini 2. Beautifully made, fast and built to last.

Is it at least 7 inches long and under £200?
Reply 15
7.9 inches and £239 (slightly over yes but you get what you pay for)
iPad Mini :cute:
Paracetamol is a decent all rounder; ibuprofen is also decent if you're feeling particularly hurt.
Original post by tg1998
7.9 inches and £239 (slightly over yes but you get what you pay for)

It does look good, what's the battery life on it like?
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Paracetamol is a decent all rounder; ibuprofen is also decent if you're feeling particularly hurt.

Yeah, anything more powerful and a prescription will be required. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest