The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy 2017

I've just applied for Speech therapy at uni. Was wondering who else has and at what uni! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soph12399
I've just applied for Speech therapy at uni. Was wondering who else has and at what uni! :smile:

Good luck with your application - where have you applied?

Weird there isn't a busy thread for this course yet - I actually applied in 2014 and this place was a god send during the application process - keeping up to date as to when interviews were and when offers were sent etc etc. I have seen a few threads about the course but no central/general one.
Reply 2
Original post by AmyPilot
Good luck with your application - where have you applied?

Weird there isn't a busy thread for this course yet - I actually applied in 2014 and this place was a god send during the application process - keeping up to date as to when interviews were and when offers were sent etc etc. I have seen a few threads about the course but no central/general one.

I was quite surprised that there isn't a thread already too!
Where did you end up going?
I've applied to Leeds Beckett, MarJon, De Montfort, Machester Met and Birmingham City
I was quite surprised that there isn't a thread already too!
Where did you end up going?
I've applied to Leeds Beckett, MarJon, De Montfort, Machester Met and Birmingham City

You must be a quiet bunch this year lol!

I applied to Man Met (MMU) U of Manchester Leeds and Sheffield.

I am at MMU but I do the joint course of psychology and speech (shame they don't do this one any more).

Good luck with your application - hope you hear soon about interviews but be warned I didn't get my first interview until December.
Hi guys,

I'm writing my application now - wish I'd have started this sooner! I'm in my third year of linguistics at Lancaster University so can only apply to Sheffield this year which is a real bummer. Even when I graduate though I'm not going to be able to apply for loads because so many courses only accept psychology degrees... which I find quite odd.

What kinds of experience do people have? I have quite varied experience and hopefully enough to get on the course, but really feel I could crumble at interviews. I'm just intimidated by how competitive the process is, Sheffield's website says that for 2016 entry there were 250 applicants and 20 accepted... crazy. Would you guys reapply if rejected? I would but that's because right now I can only apply to one uni.
Primarina, are you talking about the postgraduate SLT courses? For postgrad courses, only MMU requires a psychology degree. The other universities offering the MSc prefer you to have studied something relevant, and linguistics is relevant. Try not to worry. :smile:
Reply 6

Hello :smile: I have applied to do Speech and Language Therapy and have received an interview from Birmingham City. Have you heard from anywhere?
Reply 7
Original post by lucyvb22
Hello :smile: I have applied to do Speech and Language Therapy and have received an interview from Birmingham City. Have you heard from anywhere?

I have received an interview from Birmingham City, Manchester Met and MarJon so far! :smile: Where else have you applied?

Hi there, just to let you know I've retitled (just to keep it in line with the other applicants threads) and stickied this thread as it seems to be the main gathering place for SLT applicants :smile:
Reply 9
I have received an interview from Birmingham City, Manchester Met and MarJon so far! :smile: Where else have you applied?

Well done! Are you going on the 28th November or 6th December? I have applied to BCU, Leeds Beckett, Reading, UEA and De Montfort. You?
Reply 10

I've also applied for speech therapy, I applied at Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester, Man Met and De Montfort :smile:
Where have people been invited to interviews so far? I have heard back from Birmingham City but nowhere else yet!
Reply 12
Original post by Akate500
Where have people been invited to interviews so far? I have heard back from Birmingham City but nowhere else yet!

I have an interview for Manchester, Man Met and Sheffield :smile: where else have you applied?
I applied to DMU, Sheffield, and London City :smile:
I applied two days ago for Manchester, Sheffield, UEA, Reading and De Montfort, nothing yet but fingers crossed!
Hi everyone,

I applied last month to Leeds Beckett, Manchester, Manchester Met, and Sheffield. I've received interview offers from Manchester and Manchester Met. Manchester is my first choice and my first interview (really wish it wasn't my first real interview!) on the 23rd November and Manchester Met is a week after !!! :nutcase:
Reply 16
Original post by veggie_emmsie
Hi everyone,

I applied last month to Leeds Beckett, Manchester, Manchester Met, and Sheffield. I've received interview offers from Manchester and Manchester Met. Manchester is my first choice and my first interview (really wish it wasn't my first real interview!) on the 23rd November and Manchester Met is a week after !!! :nutcase:

My interview for manchester is on the 23rd as well, and my man met interview is on the 30th!!!
Hi everyone,

How soon after you submitted your application did Manchester give you an interview? Thanks!
Original post by MorganAmber
How soon after you submitted your application did Manchester give you an interview? Thanks!

I submitted the UCAS form on the Thursday and recieved the interview offer on the Monday. Manchester are pretty quick. A girl on my course recieved an offer from Manchester for Nursing in under a week. MMU took two weeks.
Reply 19
oh wow thats pretty quick! Ive just applied to Man met, Manchester, Sheffield, DMU and Birmingham City- its exciting but so nerve racking haha
I submitted the UCAS form on the Thursday and recieved the interview offer on the Monday. Manchester are pretty quick. A girl on my course recieved an offer from Manchester for Nursing in under a week. MMU took two weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest