The Student Room Group

Medicine(A level)

Hi all
I am from turkey and I am 18 years old and have completed high school I have a high school diploma from turkey with a percentage score of %80.59
I want to study medicine at uk If I take a level one academic year(intensive) can apply all medicine universities(oxford,cambridge,imperial,ucl)
Something you should know is that you can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge in the same year as an undergraduate.
You might find this page helpful:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/turkey
It is about applying to Cambridge from Turkey, where it says an ordinary state school diploma is not enough and you need to have an Anatolian School Diploma with specific scores.
If you don't have this, then you would most likely need to take 3 A Levels or equivalent and this would be quite hard to do in only one year of study. Normally A Levels take 2 years to study.
Thank you for helping I finished anatolian school Do I need to take A level for all medicines?
Original post by mkaanyolcu24
Thank you for helping I finished anatolian school Do I need to take A level for all medicines?

If you finished Anatolian School, then you need an average grade of 5,0 and 90% in science subjects for Cambridge or Oxford to consider you competitive, while Imperial and UCL requires you to take A Levels. It would be best for you to contact each individual university to see their opinion. You also need to consider that getting an offer from a university, especially medicine is much more than just your grades.
In addition to the turkish grade requirements, you will need:

Work experience and voluntary work and a good personal statement
Good BMAT score
Good interview, should you get one
If applying as an international, also: English language qualification, ability to pay the nearly £300,000 in fees.

Quick Reply

Latest