The Student Room Group

Why do so many people get so easily triggered by veganism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stacyy
If you're not a vegan, you have no core message. XD

Seriously though, everyone's different and should be allowed to eat whatever they want (except maybe cats or dogs, they're too cute).

Actually 'stacyy' in China they eat dogs because it is part of their culture and I support them.
Just how someone might oppose your sunday roast which consists of pork, you oppose the eating of dogs and cats.
Reply 21
Original post by Stacyy
If you're not a vegan, you have no core message. XD

Seriously though, everyone's different and should be allowed to eat whatever they want (except maybe cats or dogs, they're too cute).

Says to people that anyone should be allowed to eat what they want- then goesonto say people shouldn't be allowed to eat cats and dogs.

You're clearly one of those people that complain about vegans telling other people that they shouldn't be eaten animals that are abused all their lives while you at the same time cry about asian countries eating dogs. You're a hypocrite. People like you make my blood boil. :angry:
Original post by AlexS101
Do people get triggered by Veganism or them really annoying Vegans that somehow seem to find 25 hours a day to post facebook status' about animal cruelty and how much better than you they are because they are vegan?
Be vegan if you wish, but unless we're going out for a meal or I'm cooking for you there's no reason I need to know!

The term vegan seems to be becoming increasingly synonymous with attention-seeker.
Original post by RobML
Surely they have the brains to realise how idiotic they look getting triggered by people pointing out unnecessary suffering of animals, as opposed to getting triggered by the unnecessary suffering of animals itself?

Because of stupid militant vegans and also people knowing deep, deep down that animal suffering is morally wrong.
Reply 24
Original post by Boondock Saint
The term vegan seems to be becoming increasingly synonymous with attention-seeker.

They said the same about people that tried to stop slavery in the 1700's.

Just because someone is going against the social norm and fighting societies views- it doesn't mean they are attention seeking.
Reply 25
Does it ever cross you mind that maybe people are vegan because they generally believe the way society treats these animals is disgraceful and it has nothing to do with be edgy?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Because of stupid militant vegans and also people knowing deep, deep down that animal suffering is morally wrong.

It is, which is is why animal suffering should be minimised. Death should be swift and painless.
Reply 27
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

If you're calling the vegans militant then what do you call the people that support the meat eating industry which apparently, they themselves , see as morally wrong?
Reply 28
Original post by cbreef
It is, which is is why animal suffering should be minimised. Death should be swift and painless.

Swift and painless? Have you ever seen a factory farm?
Original post by cbreef

Yes slaughtering should be done in the ways that modern experts believe to be best, not how a book from the 7th century tells people to do it.
Original post by rott
Says to people that anyone should be allowed to eat what they want- then goesonto say people shouldn't be allowed to eat cats and dogs.

You're clearly one of those people that complain about vegans telling other people that they shouldn't be eaten animals that are abused all their lives while you at the same time cry about asian countries eating dogs. You're a hypocrite. People like you make my blood boil. :angry:

I agree!! They will only be supportive of what suits them. We should respect Chinas culture of dog eating. I think its great :smile:
Original post by rott
They said the same about people that tried to stop slavery in the 1700's.

Just because someone is going against the social norm and fighting societies views- it doesn't mean they are attention seeking.

That's not what I'm saying, I was just pointing out something I've noticed with the new wave of vegans. But just out of interest, who actually accused those in favour of abolishing slavery as being attention seekers?
Original post by rott
Swift and painless? Have you ever seen a factory farm?

Yeah. It's commonplace to deliver an electric shock to the head. Killing the animal instantly. As for treatment while it's still alive... that's another story.
Reply 33
Original post by samantham999
Actually 'stacyy' in China they eat dogs because it is part of their culture and I support them.
Just how someone might oppose your sunday roast which consists of pork, you oppose the eating of dogs and cats.

I stand by the fact that eating a farm animal is not the same as eating a domestic pet. If you for example, wanted to eat a cat, you should be free to. Me stating my opinion doesn't really affect what you can/cannot eat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Boondock Saint
That's not what I'm saying, I was just pointing out something I've noticed with the new wave of vegans. But just out of interest, who actually accused those in favour of abolishing slavery as being attention seekers?

So are you saying that you think a lot of vegans generally don't believe what they're saying and are just saying it to get attention?

Also people from the 1700's believed white people who wanted slavery abolished were attention seekers.
Reply 35
Original post by cbreef
Yeah. It's commonplace to deliver an electric shock to the head. Killing the animal instantly. As for treatment while it's still alive... that's another story.

Do you think the way animals are treated is wrong?
Original post by rott
So are you saying that you think a lot of vegans generally don't believe what they're saying and are just saying it to get attention?

Yes, I'm convinced I know a number of people like that. They may believe veganism is more ethical, but I think the attention for some of these people is also a prime factor in making the transition.

Original post by rott
Also people from the 1700's believed white people who wanted slavery abolished were attention seekers.

Yeah you said that in your other post, I was hoping for a source or something more specific (not that I don't believe you, would just genuinely like to know).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rott
Do you think the way animals are treated is wrong?

Treatment of some animals is in need of improvement. I will admit.
Original post by Stacyy
I stand by the fact that eating a farm animal is not the same as eating a domestic pet. If you for example, wanted to eat a cat, you should be free to. Me stating my opinion doesn't really affect what you can/cannot eat.

So why did you say except cats and dogs? Maybe someone or a family have raised animals as pets but eat them anyway? They can do what they wish without attention seeking vegans butting in every 2.3 seconds.
It's the presumed arrogance and feeling of superiority that vegans have in comparison to meat eaters. It obviously isn't all true.

Quick Reply

Latest