The Student Room Group

Big Four Offer Dilenma

So I have got an offer from a big four firm, and have been told i must accept the offer within 14 days.

However, personally, I would prefer to work for another big four firm and that application is currently in progress.

I need some advise on what shall I do now? Accept the offer for now then reject it later?
Sure accept it. You can leave whenever really in the probationary period.
Reply 2
But what are the consequences if I accept it for now and revoke it later? Will I get blacklisted?
Original post by efl
So I have got an offer from a big four firm, and have been told i must accept the offer within 14 days.

However, personally, I would prefer to work for another big four firm and that application is currently in progress.

I need some advise on what shall I do now? Accept the offer for now then reject it later?

Don't start stressing yet, you still have 14 days.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by efl

I had the same dilemma, had an offer from KPMG but had a final round interview coming up for a different firm. Phoned up KPMG and explained and they held the offer open for me for another 3 weeks. They invest a lot of money in recruitment and aren't going to rescind an offer for that reason. In the end I went with the other firm. Though do note that they are only likely to hold the offer open if you are a reasonable way through the process at the other firm and they will want to know probably which firm it is.
Reply 5
Original post by natninja
I had the same dilemma, had an offer from KPMG but had a final round interview coming up for a different firm. Phoned up KPMG and explained and they held the offer open for me for another 3 weeks. They invest a lot of money in recruitment and aren't going to rescind an offer for that reason. In the end I went with the other firm. Though do note that they are only likely to hold the offer open if you are a reasonable way through the process at the other firm and they will want to know probably which firm it is.

But did u let kpmg know very early on, or by the end of the 2 weeks period?
What have you applied for?
Original post by efl
But did u let kpmg know very early on, or by the end of the 2 weeks period?

About a week into the two week period
When does the 14 days start? When will you hear from the other one?
Reply 9
Original post by Simonthegreat
When does the 14 days start? When will you hear from the other one?

It started last week, but don't know when will I hear from others, actually still quite early stage.

Quick Reply

Latest