The Student Room Group

Who should I turn to when I need help studying and doing coursework?

I've posted some questions on here but not really getting much help and don't think people here would be right for the course I am on, because it's got to be specific to what course I am doing I think, there are people that have done the same course as me before and are on the same course now, could ask them, not sure if they'd think I was copying them though.

These people on this course seem really clued up, I assume they are because they have jobs in it, on the HNC me and this other guy that didn't have a job in the industry got pass, lot's of others got distinctions, my self esteem went lower from that point, it seems to come natural to other people, but I never seem to understand and always struggle.
Original post by NullDrone
I've posted some questions on here but not really getting much help and don't think people here would be right for the course I am on, because it's got to be specific to what course I am doing I think, there are people that have done the same course as me before and are on the same course now, could ask them, not sure if they'd think I was copying them though.

These people on this course seem really clued up, I assume they are because they have jobs in it, on the HNC me and this other guy that didn't have a job in the industry got pass, lot's of others got distinctions, my self esteem went lower from that point, it seems to come natural to other people, but I never seem to understand and always struggle.

You could try starting up a study group. Everyone would be able to help eachother out when needed and it could be a nice social thing too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Don't base your worth or intelligence off of other people first of all. They may seem as though they got it easily but you might not be aware at just how much work they have put in to revise such a subject. They could have been studying it loads previous to the course. Speak to your lecturer if you have any issues with the course would be really useful. You could always ask if they could take you through the test and explain where you went wrong.

A study group might not be practical in terms of meeting up - lots of people can be busy and some just won't bother - but talk to them about making a Facebook group where you can post questions in or share revision notes. If you use it frequently (both to ask questions and share material) then others would be inclined to do so as well. Even just try and message a few of them asking for help, I am sure they won't mind and eh even if they do, there'll be plenty of others to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest